VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
re Stu's post above me too although do like that boxx......................H the core idea must have been around for ages there is a rather cool T4 pickup come above box design a village or two from here

Ahh if I just had another 90K plus i'd have been good.....it don't seem so much when ya say it quickly does it?

Drew why would ya go to a drive through some half decent leccy and ya could make the best coffee anywhere ;)

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,583 Posts
Nice wagon. :) I had a Tischer demountable in the late eighties. It went on the back of a Toyota Hilux which left you with the pickup part for work during the week. It was great although a bit tall for good stability.

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
Im selling half what you need for the project if your interested 👍 although looks like split prices are low at the moment :confused: View attachment 199793
I sold mine in 2016, my friends who stayed longer are sold up and bought Californias. One said the smart motorway has made it too risky...

Meanwhile, looking at that 5th wheel splitty photo, it would appear you'd need parts of 5 vans to do it all...

Maybe the new ID.Buzz will rekindle interest in the splitty?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't sell Stu!!! 😱 My biggest regret in life is selling my splitty crewcab. I'd rather chop my testiculars off. Unless of course it's to buy another even nicer splitty?...
If you just need the space, I'll make the very generous offer of looking after it for you 😁

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Don't sell Stu!!! 😱 My biggest regret in life is selling my splitty crewcab. I'd rather chop my testiculars off. Unless of course it's to buy another even nicer splitty?...
If you just need the space, I'll make the very generous offer of looking after it for you 😁
Thanks for the kind offer 😀
But moving house this year and its a tie finding a new home with a big enough garage +tbh we haven't used it for 2 years covid/no kids seats or rear seat belts etc etc
We use my 2004 t5 more gor camping and beach trips and work and as a car !
So t5 is going split is going and our car is going
Will be looking out for a t6 commercial and a t6 camper and a small car possibly polo

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, ok you've twisted my arm. I'll start the bidding at £1.32 and a packet of Doritos Chilli Heatwave crisps - (the BIG share bag size tho too)! 😬

·
Premium Member
6,386 Posts
I sold my 64 crewcab in 2010 to pay for the T5. I regret not selling the microbus instead as I never used it again.

I was out shopping for another silly (air cooled) car the other day, got talking to the dealer about old VWs (there was a Porsche livered single cab bay in the barn) and he said they had a crewcab out the back... I thought he was pulling my leg but ...

... 16", TDI, rust free, syncro DoKa.... OMFG. I nearly bought it. No idea where I'd keep it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts