VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

The winner !!

22K views 46 replies 38 participants last post by  Puddles McSqeakybeak 
#1 ·
The Winner DAVID HIDES

After the winning ticket was drawn we had to try and find the lucky winner, all we had was a e-mail address for him as he purchased the winning ticket on-line. The winner purchased 15 tickets. Simon (Go-Ferrett) emailed David straight after the draw along and copied me in. We did not hear anything until 1.30 on Monday morning when there was a reply. David asked us check the ticket numbers again as he could not believe he had won, he had forgotten about even buying the tickets :eek::eek:.

I then rang him on the Monday to confirm with him that he was the winner. He was gob smacked!!

We then had to arrange with him a convenient place to meet and collect his prize. After many e-mails and telephone calls we arranged to meet him at the Tin hut at Tidworth the main office for Help for Heroes, at the same time we thought we would hand the cheque over at the same time. So on Wednesday 7th September, Me, Phil, Jimbo, Go-Ferrett, Surfdaddy, David Hides and his father met at Tidworth to hand over the van and cheque. The volunteers at H4H took us on a tour around there offices and Tedworth house were they have renovated the house and turned it into a rehabilitation centre for the wounded soldiers it was a huge privilege to be taken around the building and meet some of the soldiers. By the way they loved the van :D:D:D:D

When we went back to the tin hut, we handed over the cheque which was made out for £27,213.03 there is still small sums from different places being paid into the account so this is not the final total but very close to it.

We have a few items that we will be auctioning off very soon, Rock & Roll bed, mats and few other bits all the money raised will be put into the account and handed over to Help For Heroes.

Can I say a big thank you to everybody that has helped out along the way with this project it would not have happened with out youA:A:A:A:A:A:A:. The volunteers and soldiers would also like to say a huge thank you for raising such a large sum of money it will go a very long way to help the wounded soldiers and families out. A:A:A:A:A:A:

A few photos from the day at Tidworth.

See less See more
#42 ·
Well done Everybody!!

All,

As both a T5 Camper owner and a serving soldier of over 30 years service (hopefully many more to come!!) can I just pass on my huge thanks and admiration to everybody involved in this fantastic project. H4H is making a real difference to the lives of those young lads and lassies who are returning home from Ops with horrendous injuries on an all too frequent baiss. Be under no illusions that the money raised will go directly to the soldiers and will allow them to maintain a reasonable quality of life and enjoy doing some of the things that they were doing prior to there incident. It's also worth noting that the T4/T5 scene is huge throughout the military and a large number of the boys are now buying vans and are enjoying the freedom that they bring. I was parked up on the drill square in a camp in Shrewsbury on Friday night on my way to busfreeze and there were no fewer than 4 vans parked up on the square.

Once again well done to you all,. Having witnessed the T4/5 VANNERS at close quarters on a number of occasions you are indeed a credit to this country. ALTHOUGH I would rather fight the Taliban Daily than take you lot on at drinking and partying!!

Look out for Pegasus (Airborne Forces) Campers under the maroon flag.

All the best,

Jo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.