VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i would start a thread on here about my new project. Bought yesterday as a BIG project. 2007 4motion swb kombi . Think is proves that sometimes more is less:eek:
Let the fun begin
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
What's the plans for it then?
I've also recently bought a project T5

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
24 hours in and it looks a different beast altogether. Had a few hours to spare today so refitted the original front bumper. Bought a second hand rear bumper in silver as well as a bonnet so they went on too:cool:

till a long way to go and a lot of money to spend but at least its not as embarasing now

Jobs still to do

Sort rust
replace exhaust manifold
possibly replace camshaft and followers
replace intercooler
service

Going to be a long haul!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, certainly an improvement. Old body kit still available to anyone who wants it until it goes to the recycling tomorrow afternoon

So don't be shy, speak up if you want it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Thanks guys, certainly an improvement. Old body kit still available to anyone who wants it until it goes to the recycling tomorrow afternoon

So don't be shy, speak up if you want it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
How much do you want to pay me for it? ;)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Out of curiosity, how good was the paint match on the s/h panels?

Having to condider a couple of doors replacement and reflex is a notoriously difficult paint to match.

Incidentally, mines also a silver 07 4mo do you realise how few were made before 2010 theyre quite rare.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look pretty good. Mine has had a respray but not sure how long ago. The paint match is certainly good enough T:

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
On nearly every silver van i've seen the slider is a slightly different shade to the rest of the panels anyway ....so whats a couple more I:

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
They look pretty good. Mine has had a respray but not sure how long ago. The paint match is certainly good enough
Mine too, had a blow over at ome point, better than average missed it buying the van. Trouble is could make paint match on s/h panels worse.

Considering a reaspray in the future though possibly colour change to VW Fjord blue.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When i was looking for mine i looked at a couple of metallic grey ones. They were the same, side door slightly darker:*

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What do i have to do to be able to advertise in the classifieds section?

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
What do i have to do to be able to advertise in the classifieds section?
Pay a tenner a year to become a 'paid up member' then you get to edit your own posts ,more photo storage i believe and post in the classified section.

Failing that facebook marketplace is good (and free) .

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, i will pay up and become a member. Will no doubt be using the forum a lot while i am sorting my van so its worth itT:

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New wheels and tyres from one of my old range rovers. 20" stormers with 275 45 20 pirelli scorpion snow and ice tyres. Starting to look a bit better now:cool:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Pay a tenner a year to become a 'paid up member' then you get to edit your own posts ,more photo storage i believe and post in the classified section.

Failing that facebook marketplace is good (and free) .
Trouble with facebook is that a few days after you post something it has sunk without trace. At least by posting on a forum someone else can find information years after it was posted.

Forums used to be a mix of social and technical information. With facbook taking much of the social (and antisocial :D ) away, it has reduced the footfall on forums. Hopefully, they will survive with the enthusiasm of the likes of the OP and all the old hands on here.

and anyway.....facebook isn’t free - it takes a piece of your soul every time you use it....leave it to the narcissists and sycophants.

Great progress on the van!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts