VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Trouble with facebook is that a few days after you post something it has sunk without trace. At least by posting on a forum someone else can find information years after it was posted.

Forums used to be a mix of social and technical information. With facbook taking much of the social (and antisocial :D ) away, it has reduced the footfall on forums. Hopefully, they will survive with the enthusiasm of the likes of the OP and all the old hands on here.

and anyway.....facebook isn’t free - it takes a piece of your soul every time you use it....leave it to the narcissists and sycophants.

Great progress on the van!
Agreed, there's a lot of conflicting data being banged out on there.

Problem is the forums haven't innovated and just to post a picture turns into a right old kerfuffle, I'd love to put up more images and don't because of the hoops.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks guys, its getting thereT:

Had a rummage round in my garage today and found a 12v eberspacher heater. Will try and find a wiring diagram and see if it runs

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Agreed, there's a lot of conflicting data being banged out on there.

Problem is the forums haven't innovated and just to post a picture turns into a right old kerfuffle, I'd love to put up more images and don't because of the hoops.
You are so right. To be honest, I was not happy when informed that the forum was being moved to a new and “better” platform, because better usually means formatted for phones - but if it just fixes the picture upload thing and removes stupid user restrictions it would be a worthwhile trade.

And if lack of innovation means you are doomed, you have given me hope: facebook has hardly been a bastion of innovation. It’s pony still only has one trick :D

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
You are so right. To be honest, I was not happy when informed that the forum was being moved to a new and “better” platform, because better usually means formatted for phones - but if it just fixes the picture upload thing and removes stupid user restrictions it would be a worthwhile trade.

And if lack of innovation means you are doomed, you have given me hope: facebook has hardly been a bastion of innovation. It’s pony still only has one trick :D

Was a member on 200mph.org, then they updated the forums and boom! It just died overnight, unbelievable how quickly it just flopped.

Have removed Facebook from my life, got bored of looking at everyones highlight real and the amount of misinformation on subjects I have good knowledge on.

Lastly, because on a training course about ten years ago, the system could link a CCTV image to a Facebook post and identify you, even if you weren't on there and had been tagged in a photo! That was ten years ago, so imagine the capabilities now?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts