VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
541 - 560 of 575 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·
Well I realised last night, it's done at least 5 years so I think I've been pretty lucky with it as that's well over the recommended interval. 😳

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 ·
Wasn't quite happy with the Foliatec Turquoise brake caliper paint as it's a bit more baby blue than turquoise - and the Miami Beach Blue which (on-screen) looks a better match seems to be out of stock everywhere so I decided to order some custom-mixed high-temp caliper paint in RAL5018 which is the 'official' Yeti Turquoise and some high temp lacquer, so should be spot on. Excellent service from Bodicraft Auto Refinishing supplies in Watford 👍

Tin Green Paint Liquid Fluid

Just got to wait for the new calipers and carriers to arrive from eBay... thought I could go pick some up direct from the sellers store in Dewsbury on Saturday only to find they were closed.
Good waste of 2 hours... but at least I could give the van a drive out and make sure the new auxiliary belt was all ok.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
So the twin pot 340's and new carriers have arrived and holy moly these puppies are big!! 😱 ... well at least in comparison to the stock 308's they are!
Gotta wait til I get paid again before I splash out on some new drilled n grooved discs n pads but at least I can get these painted up in the meantime.
Need to order some larger splash guards for behind the discs too.
Automotive design Bicycle part Auto part Personal protective equipment Rim

Black Tints and shades Tool Auto part Font

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Holy big ol' brakes Batman! They do look nice and meaty, will look smart when painted up and sat behind your wheels 👌

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
And everything is secured in the van, don't want any luggage or the misses flying towards the front of the van :LOL:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Oh god H don't.............I'm guessing they wouldn't fit an older 2.5L T30 with 18inch spprtlines.phew that's a relief ( note no pause for him to answer(y)). There's already far too much spent on blue goodness and sparky stuff let alone trying to stop faster.....TBF I'm more intent on trying to go somewhere right now than stopping ;) do look the dogs though..................it's insane what one can spend on a bus

...Fab work back aways H damn your a clever sod mind plastic welding is horrible with an iron it doesn't seem to mattter whether I've sorted wind direction have a huge mask on it just does me.UGG
Good read mate really good forgive me not catching up sooner...............now also worrying on belt will have to read again tomoz when awake cool you caught that when you did !!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
So the twin pot 340's and new carriers have arrived and holy moly these puppies are big!! 😱 ... well at least in comparison to the stock 308's they are!
Gotta wait til I get paid again before I splash out on some new drilled n grooved discs n pads but at least I can get these painted up in the meantime.
Need to order some larger splash guards for behind the discs too.
View attachment 206988
View attachment 206989
Nice Split (y)

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #555 · (Edited)
Well the heatwave helps create some perfect painting conditions in my shed, so got the first few coats of paint on the calipers and carriers last night.
They should 'bake' quite nicely in there today 🥵 ready for some shiny lacquer this evening.

Blue Green Motor vehicle Gas Wood

Stu - I'm sorry to say, but these bigger 340mm stoppers will fit behind an 18" wheel - they require a 17" wheel as a minimum. All I'll say is, we're very good at helping other people spend their money on this forum! 😂 ... don't worry though Stu, you're not alone! ... Frank has been sending me details of some rather fancy G3500 Carbon Steel drilled n grooved brake discs from Nutexa Brakes 😮- they ain't cheap but they sure is pretty! 😍

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Must resist bigger brakes, must resist bigger brakes, must resist bigger brakes, must resist bigger brakes, must resist bigger brakes, must resist bigger brakes, must resist bigger brakes, must resist bigger brakes, must resist bigger brakes, must resist bigger brakes...heads off to ebay 🤦‍♂️

Lovely colour there Split, have you double checked it against your decals?

• Love
Reactions: Soundz

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #558 ·
Yeah - it's still a bit brighter than the decals, although it's a better match than the Foliatec turquoise which is much more of a baby blue colour.
I took my bike out last night and on the way back in stopped to compare the turquoise on the frame to to the decals and I reckon they've made it too dark/green (despite me giving them the proper Pantone colour). It should be Pantone 319 and I reckon they've used 320 🤷‍♂️🤨 They can stay as is for now though!

541 - 560 of 575 Posts