VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all just looking for some advise please on thermal blinds which is best ,,, the internal ones or the full one piece external ,,, ill also be using the cab possably for some one to sleep in ,,, the main reason for asking is really to see which are the better for keeping the heat in and condesation out ,, any feed back and advise is welcome

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
hi all just looking for some advise please on thermal blinds which is best ,,, the internal ones or the full one piece external ,,, ill also be using the cab possably for some one to sleep in ,,, the main reason for asking is really to see which are the better for keeping the heat in and condesation out ,, any feed back and advise is welcome
The external one is good for preventing your windscreen from freezing in winter. I've got the just Kampers one myself and have no problems with it. If your camper is insulated the condensation issue isn't that bad. Well I don't think so from my experience anyway. Others may differ in opinion.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers buddy looking for ward to this year already ,, on the roll with getting the van sorted ready for the new show season ,,, hoping to get it dropped too but still keeping an eye on the progress you guys are doing on your s too ...

·
Registered
467 Posts
External ones, much easier to fit. Does mean may be wet when put away, and also restricts opening the front door, but only have to undo velcro.

·
Registered
543 Posts
External ones, much easier to fit. Does mean may be wet when put away, and also restricts opening the front door, but only have to undo velcro.
Those are exactly the reasons I went for the internal screens ! Each to their own I guess!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uzi how do you get on with the internal ones mate do you get anycondensation buld up between the blind and the glass mate are they ok as in fit wise on the windows ire no gaps ,,,, keep it coming folks

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Agreed mate but in the crucks of it, either way you'll have a bit of condensation on the windows be it inside or out. Not really a major deal with opening and closing the doors at the front either. Only an extra 3 seconds to do so. Almost second nature anyway. Do you not have to re adjust the internal ones anyway?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
cheers buddy looking for ward to this year already ,, on the roll with getting the van sorted ready for the new show season ,,, hoping to get it dropped too but still keeping an eye on the progress you guys are doing on your s too ...
Haha no worries buddy. Well keep an eye on it. J's still projecting the brackets at the moment but it's coming along nicely. Slowly but surely, he'll have something on the market for you all.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha no worries buddy. Well keep an eye on it. J's still projecting the brackets at the moment but it's coming along nicely. Slowly but surely, he'll have something on the market for you all.
looking forward to it dude ,, lol mine a hightop so its in need of some serious droppage chow for now buddy

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've got a pop top and when it's up condensation isn't a problem but I've have had the roof down once or twice in the colder weather and have noticed some then but not enough to worry about. The fit is almost spot on but they can be a bit fiddly to fit and take off but once you're used to them its ok. I didn't want a wet external one to worry about .

·
Registered
111 Posts
got internal ones they take up more room for storage than the external types.My misses did not like the idea of the external cos you cant lift to see whos out there or the external can be lifted to see inside .We wild camp alot and the wife can be a bit skitish,always thinks the worse. Horses for courses i suppose.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Those are exactly the reasons I went for the internal screens ! Each to their own I guess!
But then you have the extra added problem of condensation between blind and windscreen. My blinds used to get very wet on very cold mornings.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
got external myself.... imagine how pleased i was to have to get up @ 4am (2 weeks ago... end of jan in Glencoe) to finally remove it as the wind kept on whipping it off the screen and over the arial (was lucky not too lose my wipers [maybe?] as they were in position to help keep it down.....didn't work)

though saying that Glencoe ski carpark weather station did record 103mph gust that morning so maybe i'm expecting a bit too much of them ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts