VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend someplace to get good quality thermal screen covers for our T4 ?

Looking for the type that fit externally and cover the screen and side windows with the mirrors poking through, seen plenty of these in the past but looked on ebay and the net and could only find those internal ones that require suction pads which is not what I'm after, so any pointers or recommendations most appreciated T:

This probably sounds dumb but do the thermal screens actually makemuch of a noticable difference in keeping warm in the colder months? ie is it really worth the investment?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got mine for my T4 from silverscreens but went via ebay was cheaper same people. I think mines excellent has the view window think that part was a freebie.

Good fit very rare times not quite on right and slight light nr offside mirror but nowt really

Good luck fella

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
I took pot luck on one which the seller had no idea what it was off at a carboot for a fiver. It fitted like a glove and it does make a difference to the overall snugness T:T:T: Welcome to a fellow local BTW W:W:W:W:W:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Got our external thermal screeen from silverproducts.co.uk
Good quality and really helpful people. The external one is so much easier to use than the internal ones we had previously and includes a velcro section that is removed to allow daylight in without removing the whole thing. Cost about £85 last year.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got mine for my T4 from silverscreens but went via ebay was cheaper same people. I think mines excellent has the view window think that part was a freebie.

Good fit very rare times not quite on right and slight light nr offside mirror but nowt really

Good luck fella
Got our external thermal screeen from silverproducts.co.uk
Good quality and really helpful people. The external one is so much easier to use than the internal ones we had previously and includes a velcro section that is removed to allow daylight in without removing the whole thing. Cost about £85 last year.
Thanks Chaps T:

Seems like the Silverscreens are good quality although was hoping for something cheaper TBH, but they seem to be be well insulated unlike some of the cheaper ones and fit well, will have to save up some pennies (or better still tap the missis up :eek:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Personally better to spend the bit extra on the van freezing temps windscreen as normal, cheap one on the car screen frozen

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Got mine from just kampers mate and it works perfectly fine. Definitely worth every penny.T:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got mine from just kampers mate and it works perfectly fine. Definitely worth every penny.T:
Thanks T: more my kinda price TBH, although have to say they dont quite look up to the same standard as the silver screens above, are they a good fit? presume they hang over the corner of the doors as with the silver screen ones? how thick are they?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gaz, couple more questions mate... do they velcro around the door mirrors? (can't see in the pic?)
also do they retain their shape on the screen, ie do they fit tight and don't sag like some I've seen?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
There's a gap that is placed for the mirrors. All fits fine on my van mate. Very tight and snug. No sag at all on mine buddy and they work really well in my opinion.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's a gap that is placed for the mirrors. All fits fine on my van mate. Very tight and snug. No sag at all on mine buddy and they work really well in my opinion.
Cheers for that Gaz T:

Tempted to give one a go at that price, less than half the price of the silver screen jobs which is more up my street, would really like the silver screen one but all said and done it is a little pricey :)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
It's worth it mate. The JK one is actually a thermal one as well. Good for both summer and winter. A cheap alternative that is probably just as good hahaha.T:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
ordered mine from JK this morning , not worried if its megga thermal to be fair as like hell am i going camping in sub temps as were not hard core like some :D . will let you know the quality if i get mine before you do !

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ordered mine from JK this morning , not worried if its megga thermal to be fair as like hell am i going camping in sub temps as were not hard core like some :D . will let you know the quality if i get mine before you do !
I don't think they will be too bad, just cause something costs double the price doesnt mean it's twice as good does it? as long as they fit fairly tight and dont sag or blow up in the wind then they must add some thermal benefit.

Ordered mine Saturday, shortly after placing order it stated "Processing" just logged in to JK a short while ago to check and the order status is still showing "Processing" I can understand this over the weekend but expected it to have been updated today (monday) just wondering are JK fairly prompt at getting orders shipped out or should I expect to wait several days?

Yeah... I know I'm an impatient git :* H: (the missis is hinting about a trip away this week, and I said lets get the screen cover first :eek:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Received my cover from Just Kampers a short while ago, sadly not overly impressed :(

Seems way too tight and doesnt cover bottom corners of the screen no matter how much jiggling I do?

Is this the correct cover for a T4? I have the long nose body, could this have anything to do with it maybe?
surely the screen and angle and everything are the same on the short nose and long nose T4's?

Also side panels are flapping around in the breeze and it's quite a still day here........
hate to think what it would be like stuck on an exposed site in windy conditions? :eek:

Few pics from inside van showing what I mean, should fit better than this surely?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts