VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to go into the loftb today to get the Xmas decs down. Opened the hatch to have two wasps (dead) fall out. I had 2 more in the loft hatch, one dead one almost. When I went up in the loft, found another 4, 2 dead , 2 almost.

Any experts out there? I cantt see any flying around, or hear anything. Assuming that we get some cold weather will it kill them or when I open the loft in the summer am I going to find loads? :*

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
This time of year, they will die off with the drop in temperature. You will be glad to know that old nest do not revive. (keep an eye out for any new ones though I: ).

Wasp nests are easy to treat, but it is best left to an expert, as different wasps react differently to the powder treatment (some sort of give up, some get really aggressive - usually the smaller ones....).

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
If you have any sprogs Dunners and you can locate the nest, try and extract it on one piece.

Kids will get smartie points if they take it in for the "Nature Table".

Do schools have such things or have the "Elf & saftee" police struck ? Cheers, Tony.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.