VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I thinking of swapping my t5 for a t4. It's an ex rac van with outstanding service history. New clutch and flywheel and gearbox a couple of thousand miles ago. Serviced every 6 months and checked by rac every week all documents to prove this. Obviously bright orange. 180k on the clock good bodywork with usual light holes on tailgate which all rac vans have. Tailgate model perfect for conversion. Three upfront seats. 1.9 tdi 140 bhp. Upgraded meta alarm for rac tools etc. a very big boot. Perfect for converting into a camper if you have the money (which is why I am thinking of swapping it for a t4 already converted). I'm thinking of putting it up for 6495 no offers. It is very clean inside.

The reason why I put this in this section is I would like to gauge what people think their t4 conversions are worth in comparison to this. I would be willing to add or take some money off for the right van. Would love a multi van t4 thanks Kevin

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah air con, leisure battery with industrial wiring to the back and electric windows and electric wing mirrors

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
To help yourself out, get some photo's up so people can see it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To help yourself out, get some photo's up so people can see it.
Yeah good idea. I will try and get some up by next weekend. In the meantime there is no rust, dents or filler it's exactly as I got it from rac. Think the service history is vw but will have to check that. Ill photo the 20 page record folder by rac for fault logs, service checks and maintenance. It has honestly got an amazing history behind it. Also it's a t32 but for those of you not in the know, all rac t5's are 140bhp from factory as advised by vw technical.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thinking I might even just sell it now getting loads of stick off
The other half saying can't I just get something sensible so ideas of price for selling would be great thank you kev

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well if I had 6.5k to spend on a I'd think its a good price to pay (unfortunatly not in the market for a van as I have a converted t4 at the moment...) especially as most vans seem to be plus vat on all there prices. Certainly wouldn't have said it was expensive anyway, the good bits are the colour, tailgate, aircon and electric windows - quite a nice spec van so you could hold out for your money?
T:

Not much help but at least a bump to the top if nothing else I:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if I had 6.5k to spend on a I'd think its a good price to pay (unfortunatly not in the market for a van as I have a converted t4 at the moment...) especially as most vans seem to be plus vat on all there prices. Certainly wouldn't have said it was expensive anyway, the good bits are the colour, tailgate, aircon and electric windows - quite a nice spec van so you could hold out for your money?
T:

Not much help but at least a bump to the top if nothing else I:
Cheers for the feedback tom. The spec was exactly what I wanted as a base to start my conversion but like I said I simply am saving about 60 pounds a month to convert it so worked out it would be about feb 2015 before I would have windows carpet and floor done haha.
For this reason I think it's got to go but thank you for the encouragement. It really is nice to drive
Miles better than my wife's 08 plate megane diesle. The only thing is what could take its place!

So I've got the price about right I think. Could I add BAT onto the price that's beer added tax for every grand it costs an extra bottle of ilkley blonde?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tax runs out December. It's 220 for the year. All commercial tax is the same . Might have sold it to my friend but will keep you all informed. Kev

1 - 16 of 16 Posts