VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of things, i always get 10/40 oil when doing a change, but was thinking of going to 15/40 now my engine is nicely worn in 190000. Anyone else using 15/40 it may seem abit of a silly question but cause thats what they always give me at the car parts suppliers thats whats ive always gone for.

Also got access to cash and carry so was thinking of a 50/50 veg oil diesel mix, but i dont think i can convince myself to do it till someone whos actually done tells me its cool

cheers

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
1.9td will run 100% veg oil in warmer months stick to 70% veg 30% diesel at this time of year
steve :ILU:

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Running my 1.9TD on 100% veg oil popped some of that expensive stuff they sell at the pump in the tank when temp went down to - figures. But now it's warmer back to 100%.

Just change your fuel filter after 1st 500 miles of using veg oil then back to changing on normal. The veg oil cleans all your pipes and tank.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
obviously i know about the whole it'll clear out your pipes thing etc, so looked into price of fuel filters but that doesnt bother me but its not like its long job T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts