VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Ive been offered the option to buy a new T32 Kombi which makes me very happy indeed.

The question I have for you is that I have 3 children - a 6 year old in a booster seat (currently a recaro with a backrest), 2 year old in a full child seat and our latest addition is just 6 weeks old in an infant carrier set up with base.

Will all 3 fit across the 2+1 set up in the rear of the Kombi comfortably?

We had a passat up until recently and whilst they all fitted on the back seat, it was a tight fit. It was reluctantly sold and I bought an espace which certainly does the job, but it does nothing for me!

So, are any of you guys currently seating 3 kids across the rear seats and is it working for you?

And are there any isofix points on the rear 2+1? Not essential, but would be nice if there were (or could be retrofitted).

Cheers,

Noel --

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
Hi, The 2 seater has ISOFIX fitting the single doesn't (well on my 2012 -so I guess they will be the same)

There is a lot more room than a Passat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, The 2 seater has ISOFIX fitting the single doesn't (well on my 2012 -so I guess they will be the same)

There is a lot more room than a Passat.
Thanks for that, the issue for us is that the 3 of them will have space to sit there seats comfortably and that my eldest can clasp her seat belt herself (she couldnt get her hand between the child seats on the passat).

Cheers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a T32 Kombi and also have three kids, 3,5 and 7 and yes they all fit in there with loads of space to spare, far better than a car if fact all my kids do their own belts as there is so much room, as a plus I can also still get 5 bikes in the boot for days out, far more useful vehicle than any people carrier.
The kids love the bus

·
Banned
5,495 Posts
We recently had one as a loaner - stacks of room for our 2 year old (big child seat) and 4 year old (booster) with loads to spare - you'd be fine.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is plenty of room. I have two boys 3 & 5 They are both on full seats with a back. They fit quite Easley onto the two sweater bit as sometimes I remove the single seat. Also means they can hit each other much easier. The boys love going in the van far more than the car.

·
Registered
927 Posts
We have 3 kids, each with car seats and there's oodles of room for them. Check it out yourself, as we did, but there's plenty of room for them.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yes, as already has been said there is more than enough room. I have three kids and its perfect. More room than any car out there T:

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
My only concern would be ride quality. My T32 rode like a cart until I fitted a rather heavy camper conversion in the back and changed to car tyres. Even now its no limo. I guess you've got a genuine reason for going up to T32 spec. I only did it becasue the van was cheap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
T32 spec was all i was offered as its a physical vehicle. Does it make that much of a difference over a t30?

Thanks for all your replies btw

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have 4 kids my seating is 3 in the front 3 in the rear,my rear seat is a carravelle type,i have 2 six year olds on booster seats and a teenager sitting in the back and there is plenty of room never any arguements about being sqaushed

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have a T32 kombi 3 kids ( 2,4 and 7) perfect family vehicle as far as I'm concerned. Very comfortable once insulated and carpeted and we regularly do 9 hrs plus trips with no complaints. Personally I like the fact the T32 has beefier suspension, given the pot hole situation. We had an Octavia previously and whilst very comfortable, no where near enough room for 3 on the rear seat for long journey's. Go for it! T:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Bumping this as considering a T5.1 Kombi as a family car - both of my boys are currently in car seats, I have no worries that they will fit, but how about strapping them in, especially whichever one if furthest from the sliding door. Is it easy enough to climb in front of them? Or a tight squeeze?
Obviously a van with twin sliding doors would be the better option, but they seem quite rare.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
You'll be able to walk in, close the door behind you, strap them both down and then walk through to the drivers seat. Spacious doesn't start to cover it. You'd have to be a seriously big lad to struggle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts