VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
581 - 600 of 785 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
That house and it's location is going to be epic, dread to think how much it'll cost when all is done. Having those views from your windows though 👌

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
The designer certainly earned their money on it (y)

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #591 ·
In typical architects style there still earning by drawing things that cant be done and charging for drawing amendments
And not 50p a go :LOL:

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
I get the same thing at work, currently trying to turn a concept design's glass showcase into something that a) can actually be build and b) won't fall down. Concepts often look great, but rarely practical or achievable, suppose it keeps us in a job, even though you do feel like pulling your hair out at time! 🤯

Reactions: stuartt5t30

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am on the design side so I rely on the clever guys like you to help realise the vision - but I general will involve my suppliers in the design process if I am going to be designing something tricky :)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Well done for putting up with architects, Stu!

It gets worse as the organisation gets bigger: My old man (passed now) was a Rolls Royce aero designer, having worked his way up from apprenticeship at 17. He swore blind they had a sales and marketing division that used to fly around the world selling things to customers that were impossible to build at quoted price, and/or impossible to build by the laws of physics. But at least he and his team didn’t go around drawing stuff that couldn’t be made, probably because they’d be out of a job right quick...

It goes without saying, of course, that the sales and marketing fools got paid commissions for selling stuff that couldn’t be made, and made far more money that my dad. You could probably draw some kind of political lessons there, but I’m off the camp in the rain, so I won’t go there.... pictures will obviously be forthcoming if I can get linked - I’m enjoying the pics on this thread immensely, so keep going (y)

581 - 600 of 785 Posts