VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Yawn......... A: Rasp:

You'll need to reskin your drums soon Andrew LOL:
Sorry Simon but there is a lot of truth there, and that's why you don't like it. You can remember the early days they were good when it was a forum built up by the members with free info from them and a lot of hard work at shows from them etc. Me and you used to have a beer at many shows and a laugh. Then when it changed with the directors being formed for me was the end of the good old days. Not because what happened so much but the way it was done and if you care to remember back then there was a lot of e flying around and a lot of very unhappy people on the forum. And the reason from you at the time was I was going to tell everyone but forgot to put the thread up or something like that. It all blew over the same as this sell out will and a lot of people will still enjoy the forum and a lot of people will leave etc. it's the trust that went a long time ago along with a lot of the original members. You will properly be glad I will not be posting any more on this thread, I have said my bit now. I don't use the forum much now only recently to sell a couple of things. My true mates I still keep in touch with other ways. Just gotta say it one more time. The early days were the best days.
Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hmmmmm...interesting stuff. Had assumed (yeah I know about assumed) this was a community 'owned' site.

Paid my tenner for the year on the grounds that I was/am using the free information available and I should give something back...BUT...it now appears that all that excellent freely given information is profiting some faceless company or corporation in Canada?.... That doesn't seem right to me.

Just my opinion, which is worth EXACTLY as much as anyone else's as I've paid my tenner.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Who actually really gives a 5hit? Does it really affect your life? It only really affects 3 peoples lives and in a positive way, so unless youre against good 5hit happening to good people then stop whining, whining is for children.

Bottom line
Nothing is changing.
If it does, so what?
If you dont like it leave!
Your opinion regardless of how relevant, doesnt count for 5hit. I joined British Gas, doesnt mean i get a say in what happens.
Its still the same bunch of good guys and 455holes, you can decided for yourself which group i belong in.
Nobody done anything underhand or sneaky, you werent told because its none of your business!!!!
Stop whining, whining is for children.
If you read this and think "is that aimed at me" it probably is.
I fully agree it just the usual moaning people on here that have nothing to say positive on anything but moaning, Lachlan spanners etc, it really is boring. There would be many people that wouldn't even own a t4 if it wasn't for this site with good information and help to hand and the time and effort admin and mods put in over years to keep it running.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
To understand I think you would need to listen to those who were here in the beginning ( not me ) and those people seem to be rather thin on the ground as they all went long ago unhappy with the direction the forum had taken... T:
you don't know why people come and go really do you, your just spouting as usual

·
HORACE
1,589 Posts
Right guys enough now please, its always the same rubbish.
Im also not sure or happy about this takeover but lets give Phil some suggestions of what we would like and not like in the new shape forum, SO STOP SLAGGING EACH OTHER OFF ITS BORING AND NOT HELPFUL.
heres some of my suggestions,
how about gadget reviews sections, van gadgets and camping gadgets, we all use them and want honest reviews, things like,
Porta Pottis, awnings, sun shelters, camping chairs, kettles, BBQ's, etc, etc this will also get our ladies involved in our hobby
Led lights, headlights, radios, alarms, re maps etc, etc,
My wife suggested a BBQ and campervan recipe section for all our die hard camping curries and quick stop meals (they did that in the fishing mag I get and it was a big hit with us carp anglers, bankside meals they named it)
How about a decent campsite section where we can rate the pitches, toilets, washing up, showers, play areas, views, helpfulness local attractions etc,
Again the ladies and family can be involved in this.
A best How Too thread.
Pick a best or fav build thread a month etc (not pushing mine I:)
Pick a meet once a month and ask members to send in photos etc to show what we get up to and show its worth going to them (just want to say a big thanks to Mole for all the sussex meets we have attended here and met so many enthusiasts T:)
A section on days out local to you with photos so others can visit and enjoy the day van experience.
There are so many things to suggest that we all enjoy so why not add some of yours too and see how things go???????
An unsure kev T:
Oh just another thought , how about a "time in the cooler, say about 3 days ban for the ranters on here, give them 3 warnings before the ban. If they have more than 3 bans then out them for 6 months.

·
Bercow fan club
10,222 Posts
Im also not sure or happy about this takeover but lets give Phil some suggestions of what we would like and not like in the new shape forum, SO STOP SLAGGING EACH OTHER OFF ITS BORING AND NOT HELPFUL.
how about gadget reviews sections, van gadgets and camping gadgets, we all use them and want honest reviews, things like,
Porta Pottis, awnings, sun shelters, camping chairs, kettles, BBQ's, etc, etc this will also get our ladies involved in our hobby
My wife suggested a BBQ and campervan recipe section for all our die hard camping curries and quick stop meals (they did that in the fishing mag I get and it was a big hit with us carp anglers, bankside meals they named it)
How about a decent campsite section where we can rate the pitches, toilets, washing up, showers, play areas, views, helpfulness local attractions etc,
A best How Too thread.
Pick a meet once a month and ask members to send in photos etc to show what we get up to and show its worth going to them (just want to say a big thanks to Mole for all the sussex meets we have attended here and met so many enthusiasts T:)
A section on days out local to you with photos so others can visit and enjoy the day van experience.
There are so many things to suggest that we all enjoy so why not add some of yours too and see how things go???????
An unsure kev T:
Oh just another thought , how about a "time in the cooler, say about 3 days ban for the ranters on here, give them 3 warnings before the ban. If they have more than 3 bans then out them for 6 months.
That's the problem Kev, you'll now be giving your services freely for some large company to make a profit from.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
That's the problem Kev, you'll now be giving your services freely for some large company to make a profit from.

you / we don't give anything for nothing, we pay to post and we pay to read posts, for some large company to make a profit as opposed to what a small group of people......

there is nothing free / cheep about any aspect of transporters now like there once was, we talk about scene tax and and treat it like a standing joke but the forum is also to blame for that..

the forum SHOULD be about helping each other out like it once was, but now everything involves money and companies who can charge the earth learning from the info on here thats posted and charged to the poster for the privilege...

not had much to do with the place for some time, so on that note i dont really care..

·
Bercow fan club
10,222 Posts
you / we don't give anything for nothing, we pay to post and we pay to read posts, for some large company to make a profit as opposed to what a small group of people......

there is nothing free / cheep about any aspect of transporters now like there once was, we talk about scene tax and and treat it like a standing joke but the forum is also to blame for that..

the forum SHOULD be about helping each other out like it once was, but now everything involves money and companies who can charge the earth learning from the info on here thats posted and charged to the poster for the privilege...

not had much to do with the place for some time, so on that note i dont really care..
I think you're spot on, but it is a shame that some don't care as long as they can use the forum.

Again regarding scene tax you are correct, I personally find it astonishing the valuations some on here give seemingly not understanding if you talk prices up then ultimately you'll be paying over inflatedc prices yourself someday

·
Registered
112 Posts
I dont like this, but it is done, i see why for the founders the move was took, i have often thought what a major part of their lives it must take up every day and for that the moderators too, they need time to enjoy their vans/van life too, having met most of them now i can say they are truly nice bunch.
Just the same old, how many miles to a tank, look how low my van is, who should i get to remap my van does my head in enough without all the other feuds they deal with.

Phil

Better search engine
Better categorisation
People who dont search first should be disciplined because they just clog up forums with bone idle laziness starting new threads.
Dont always come down on the haters some of what they say may have foundation but dont let them overwhelm.
Dont let the corporate greed overcome you, your index page only shows your domination and buy outs of forums. Almost 'Matrix' like where the people are been kept alive to feed from by the machines.

Like what i say makes any difference anyway......

Cheers the old forum, i loved you loads and all the best.....
Keep them away from Wurzle Dubs, that will be the final straw, dont sell that one out, that is if its still on?

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Keep them away from Wurzle Dubs, that will be the final straw, dont sell that one out, that is if its still on?
Wurzle dubz is my event dude, nothing to do with the forum and will never be sold.

The charity event will be on the last bank holiday in May every year untill I can't physically do it anymore T:

·
Administrator
452 Posts
A best How Too thread.
An unsure kev T:
I dont like this, but it is done, i see why for the founders the move was took, i have often thought what a major part of their lives it must take up every day and for that the moderators too, they need time to enjoy their vans/van life too, having met most of them now i can say they are truly nice bunch.
Just the same old, how many miles to a tank, look how low my van is, who should i get to remap my van does my head in enough without all the other feuds they deal with.

Phil

Better search engine
Better categorisation
People who dont search first should be disciplined because they just clog up forums with bone idle laziness starting new threads.
Dont always come down on the haters some of what they say may have foundation but dont let them overwhelm.
Dont let the corporate greed overcome you, your index page only shows your domination and buy outs of forums. Almost 'Matrix' like where the people are been kept alive to feed from by the machines.

Like what i say makes any difference anyway......

Cheers the old forum, i loved you loads and all the best.....
All good suggestions. I have been working on lists and will bring them up to the mods first.

-Philip

201 - 220 of 250 Posts