VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice Patrick T:

Is it all your own work ? Whats next?

Hi Bitter, yes its all my own work, except for the full width bed, this was supplied and fitted by Vamoose, its a Bedrock Bed i will take some more pictures of the inside later and post them.

Ive taken out the original roof head lining to get rid of the AC/heating ducts, this has given an extra 40mm headroom which is a big plus when your 6ft 2".

my latest project is converting a second hand ERDA 122 trailer to steel roof and side mounted bike carriers.

pat

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's very nice mate.

I really like those tail pipes, any idea where you get that system?T:
Hi Jc, the whole system was made and fitted by a company in Birkenhead on the wirrle, from memory it cost me £ 375.00

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks very nice. Just bout a T5.1 Caravelle - out of interest is yours lowered, and what wheel size is that?

Hi CvPiper,

Thanks for your comments,

Yes mine is lowered by 40mm on Bilstein B14s with 19 inch rims and 255x40x19 tyres Now!,
My van is a 7 speed DSG, this was overlooked by me! After i had the lowering kit fitted.

The coil-overs (Bilstein B14s) where supplied and fitted By Mersey-speed (Great Guy's).

When i first got the Billies fitted, the tyres on my van were 235x35x19 but they were due for renewing and because of my front splitter clearance to the road, I went with 235x50x19 the extra sidewall height made a big difference to the road clearance and getting over speed humps and curbs, but I had made myself big problems in doing this, as i mentioned before mine is a 7 speed DSG is all set up from the factory, by putting the 235x50x19 tyres on i had thrown all the gearing out so when i was doing 45mph the van would change into 7th gear and labour like hell while cruising, I had to keep it in 6th gear till i was over 55mph this only became apparent when i went on my first trip. It took me 4 month's to work out what was wrong. With the help of guy's on this site, the rolling radius had changed but the gearing had not, i went and put 2 part worn front tyres at 40mm this was an instant, but expensive fix! now the van runs on 255x40x19 and is back to smooth cruising! I had not given a thought about the settings and assumed the computer would work out all the torque and speed for changing gear.

Pat

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks fo sharing, your van looks great! I’ve just picked up my Shuttle so I’m at the start of my journey.

What strength window tints did you use?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Rob......my windows are tinted with whats called limousine!
I had to have the sliding door windows covered in a lighter shade due to them being a darker green than the rest of the glass.

Patrick

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great van .. I've just got a 2014 shuttle in silver ... the mods I'm listing out are very silimar to what youve done already so it might have a twin across thew world soon :)

can i ask where you got the front bumper/ spoiler/ grill from .. very nice!

also the panels look very neat - darn! Just bought myself a set of Thule bars yesterday to mount mine on ... might need to reconsider that choice, those rails look much better as the hide the side profile of the panel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts