VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was written by a British Soldier- he makes a lot of sense!

I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to earn that pay, I work for the MOD.

I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque because I have to pass one, to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their ****, drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK & soon!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
That blokes hit the nail right on the head i reckon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shame the bloody goverment dont think on those lines

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Good point well made....Thing is can you imagine if the MPs had to do the urine test as wellI:......

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Give that soldier a massive pat on the back. Well said that man!!!!!

I personally have never claimed a single benefit, and I felt completely guilty when I had to claim a legitimate benefit for my disabled daughter. I know that I should not feel guilty but for some reason I did, even though it was legitimate.

My point is, there are people out there who really do not give a flying f:*k who pays for there easy, bone idle, lifestlye. The only thing that they worry about is, who is going to go to the off licence to get there next pack of special brew, then on to the local dealer to get there next fix/high.

This country / government F:*G stinks

Sorry folks, Rant over!

·
Registered
882 Posts
couldn't agree more - but there's that little cushioned area called 'human rights'. It's their right to sit on their arses spouting kids into the same sponging lifestyle and generally not giving a flying f:*k about abusing the system that keeps them in fags and white lightning. Remember a few years ago when recruiting for HMF was at an all time low? they tried to put ads in the job centres - but were turned down rather quickly when it was apparant if they did - then that meant there were available jobs where they would HAVE to turn up to still be able to claim. It was against their 'human-rights' as these people sometimes claim to be pacifists unless they are bottling and stabbing each other in a sink estate somewhere.
*more ranting!*

sorry, think i'm done now....:bhd

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
There's always going to be spongers in society regardless of social class, drinking habits and whether or not they smoke dope or not.
You just have to check out the recent MP expenses scandal!!

We have no say and never will have a say in were our taxes go, but personally I'd rather they didn't contribute to weapons and armaments, which ultimately contribute to the death of hundreds and thousands of poor innocent men, women and children. And by this I'm including soldiers, sailors and airmen who seem to end up fighting futile wars on the lies that the government churn out.

Like Spock has pointed out, maybe a bit more weed needs smoking! And a perfect quote you've posted Spock from Albert Eintsein.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Having done 24 years Mil service for this country I understand what p:*:*ing in a bottle is all about. Down to the individual at the end (choices) but point taken. This country needs a serious boot up the bottom some times but that aint going to happen with soft policies. :ILU:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Dear Mr soldier,
stop crying and keep shooting.
maybe if you had of smoked weed you wouldn't be looking for dead men in caves.

Where your money goes
Dont really think he's crying there Spock - you miss the point. I think it's the same opinion of every hard working person that it's a ballache working your knackers off to get by, especially in todays financial climate when there's some that choose to sit on their hoops doing sweet **** all getting subbed by benefits. I can't afford to get on the lash, and i dont smoke. My wages are spent on mortgage, utility bills, groceries and trying to keep the van on the road. My wife works part time and pays towards the further upkeep of the house and clothing us and the 3 kids. The most recent luxury we had was Sky+, and we save wedge by going on short breaks in the van rather than going to **** up bigtime in Spain.
Everyones entitled to their opinion of the various conflicts this country is involved in, but I did find your comment insensitive. If your point is that we should'nt be involved, and if we weren't this squaddie wouldn't be moaning then fair one - but we are and I think he'd still be ****** off with the state of things even if he was a cap park attendant.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Take your blinkers off and see the world for what it is Spock.

Whilst there are those who like to talk in the pub about how they'd change the way this country is run, there's also a collection of people who put their lives on the line everyday to ensure you are protected.

Yes, they have chosen their profession and as a result, everything that goes with it. But don't mock, I would suggest that you may be in serious trouble without the comfort and protection they afford you......

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I am not entirely convinced that this was written by an English Serviceman. The language is far too Americanised. This was proven to be correct as a quick Google of a line from it brought up some chap in the US of A.

As a non drug taking ex serviceman with 12 years service I feel only obliged to comment on the topic. One problem with the intake into the services is that they come from the general public of which a large proportion have dabbled with drugs from a surprisingly early age. So there are loads of drug users in the service anyway! In the UK Armed Forces random drug tests are few and far between, so the likelihood of being caught was remote imho.

A contributing factor to myself leaving a secure and pretty well paid job was the way we were being used all over the world in campaigns that I felt we had no business being. I would like to see our borders better protected, rather than a West Indies guardship being on standby in case there's a hurricane. Let the thousands of US ships deal with their own back yard! I feel we are trying to police the whole world, and why do we need two huge new aircraft carriers that won't even fit into Portsmouth Dockyard as it stands?

My little sister is in the RAF and has served in Iraq. I hope she remains safe in the job she absolutely loves (and I look forward to her leaving ASAP).

Ian. :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Agree with you there Ian. If my boy wanted to be a marine like i was, i would be terrified. Yep - someones got to do it, but the thought of any of my kids going to ghanners would make me feel sick.

·
Registered
365 Posts
protect me from who and from what?
i have no blinkers. my mind is open.
we (i say we but as a lowly aircraft techie, there are many more who put their lives on the line before me) serve to protect you from whatever threat may occur against this country, not just terrorism stemming from far off lands due whatever international policy has got it wrong. we also cover the lazy asses of firefighters who fancy a strike now and again (who, by the way, earn more than the majority of serving personell), become vets assistants during foot and mouth outbreaks, perform search and rescue in the UK, help out in emergencies such as flooding, deliver aid during famine abroad..... the list goes on. and we do it without moaning (much!), with a good sense of humour and always with loyalty no matter who's fault it is we are doing these things. one thing that does **** us off though is people that don't respect what we do because half the time they would never even dream of chopping in their cushy lives for a job like ours.
i personally feel quite insulted and saddened by your comments Spock.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Paul c, I'm with ya bud. As a current serving bloke who has been to many of these places, on more than one occasion, I am happy and comfortable with the security that the lifestyle has provided me and my family. Yes there was danger, but there was fun times and comradarie. I finish my 22 yrs in December so my time is done, would I do it again? Absolutely!!!!
I tend to ignore comments by some individuals on here, no matter how much they make my blood boil. Eventually you get used to the ones who make those comments just to be controversial. Need I say more?

·
Registered
682 Posts
There is a fantastic quote from the film A Few Good Men. Jack Nicholsons character says something about the people who 'rise and sleep under the very blanket of safety that I provide, and then question the manner in which I provide it!' I've not got that right but it must be on YouTube or something. I am very anti war with regard to some of the most recent conflicts but my lack of support for the arguments of the government is counter balanced by my support for the servicemen and women who provide my blanket of safety so that I can sit here on my laptop commenting like this. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
we (i say we but as a lowly aircraft techie, there are many more who put their lives on the line before me) serve to protect you from whatever threat may occur against this country, not just terrorism stemming from far off lands due whatever international policy has got it wrong. we also cover the lazy asses of firefighters who fancy a strike now and again (who, by the way, earn more than the majority of serving personell), become vets assistants during foot and mouth outbreaks, perform search and rescue in the UK, help out in emergencies such as flooding, deliver aid during famine abroad..... the list goes on. and we do it without moaning (much!), with a good sense of humour and always with loyalty no matter who's fault it is we are doing these things. one thing that does **** us off though is people that don't respect what we do because half the time they would never even dream of chopping in their cushy lives for a job like ours.
i personally feel quite insulted and saddened by your comments Spock.
I agree with some of that - but having troops over seas wont put out a fire in the UK. And the "vets assistants" was really "clean up crew" because the UK decided to destroy livestock, rather than vaccinate like the rest of europe.

Dont get me wrong - I come from a military family, lived on bases in the middle east between the gulf and iraq war

Spock was voicing his opinion - it may be distasteful to some, ans seem insensitive, but its a viewpoint shared by many. It doesent mean you cant still appreciate the other side of the arguement... what I mean is

Im sure Spock isnt being personal, or trying to attack you or your views so dont take it that way T:

:)

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I am very anti war with regard to some of the most recent conflicts but my lack of support for the arguments of the government is counter balanced by my support for the servicemen and women who provide my blanket of safety so that I can sit here on my laptop commenting like this. Thank you.
Aye! I share your views

1 - 20 of 40 Posts