VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why has the thread been closed ref the banning of forum members?

With ref to "people on the Brick-yard slagging this forum off" that smacks as the pot and the kettle black.

I have been very reluctant to use this forum and remaind an none registered member just before this big hoo ha about fees and then charging for a T4 Forum show. Seeing this has made me question just how much can it cost to run a forum?

I think people who have paid thier money and then been refused access to what they have paid for have every right to ask for their money back. You are making out that the money is for a service i.e information, selling goods etc. If they are`nt given that and are then in turn banned where has there dead money gone?

I have been involved in the vw scene for many years now and activly traded for about 5 yrs. In that time the amount of FREE advice and information I gave to people who never once thanked me, would have made me a millionare at £10 a pop.

A forum is a computer based descusion tool. We all seem to be loosing the plot some where and I really think its quite sad.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
As the Last Post in the thread quite clearly said.

The thread was closed at the Request of the person who started the Thread.

is that OK ?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
Is it sarcastic? Maybe. Blunt and to the point yes!

Sounds like you have made your mind up about the forum...............Your choice;)

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
It wasn't sarcastic as it happens.

It was, as Dave said, short and to the point.

The reason it was short and to the point is because I am sick of people constantly complaining about things.

I am sure a lot of people feel the same but are unwilling to say it. but my view is - If people don't like the way things are here as they Would say on the BBC

Other Internet Forums are Available. Please feel free to use them

And if anyone thinks that response is harsh, go over to Vzi or Brickyard and try and tell the Mods/Admin how to run things, see how far you get.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i was one of the people who posted on aggiet4s thread that is now closed,he simply asked a question - when is nana's ban up,someone asked why is he banned - what did i miss is it a sore point ?? i replied saying it was a sore point as the thread would go down the wrong road,and hey ho it did thats why aggies asked for it to be closed as the replys/posts that were posted were nothing to do with the original question

i dont agree with some of the things that have happened over the last few months and the way they were handled(infact neal wasnt too excited about them either),but all these he said-she said-you said stuff isnt getting any of us anywhere,cmon mate

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Quite right bud, I wasn't too happy about the way things went withthe bans a few weeks back. And I made that pretty clear at the time.

But then I figured I had a choice, leave and be done with it. Or stay and get on with it.

I chose the latter, and I stopped moaning about it. If only other people would apply the same process, it would be a far better place.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Could we apply the title to this thread, it's all getting a bit repetitive and depressing now.

If I wanted to be depressed I'd log off of here and talk to the missus, please don't make me do it.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Yeah, and if anyone tells her they'll get a kick in the swingers :D.
car keys in the bowl? what is going on here?
i thought this was a family forum for family people
we'll have no trouble here

I didn't burn him!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts