VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've pondered over this one but I can't figure it out - trying to remove the throttle cable to oil and/or replace. I can unclip at the pump and I've unhooked from the accelerator cable......but how does the cable feed through into the engine compartment? I gave it a wee tug, nope. I tried to somehow unhook the rubber seal where it enters the engine compartment, but doesn't seem to do that either. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shameless BUMP!

I've unclipped both ends of the cable, removed it from any holders etc......and still I can't figure out how to pull it through into the engine bay, and can't get in enough to see if there's some kind of retaining nut, washer etc there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
How did that go? I've just had a recon engine in my van and it seems a bit low on get up and go, so I thought I might try oiling it,
Cheers, Jas

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sheff, I bought myself a new throttle cable (just under £60) but, whilst I was waiting for it to arrive, I lubricated the current one and played with it a little bit and......90% better! (touch wood and fingers crossed). I suspect it was catching somewhere or there was muck stopping it. Anyway, the new one is in the van in case it deteriorates whilst I'm far from home. How did you get on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts