VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 92 T4 AAC. The engine always ran poorly and I tested the throttle position sensor and got massive jumps in resistance. So it was replaced

Thing is now our mechanic is not an ECU guy, however I'm a computer engineer I have an ODB1 to 2 adapter and the use of VCDS.

Does anyone know how to set the range on the throttle position sensor on a vehicle this old... I have a few sensors bought from different vendors and we get values like 35 percent on idle and have seen others give 158 percent on full throttle. As you are obviously not able to turn the tps as I used to do on some bikes I've worked on.... How is this calibration done please can anyone help me out?

Cheers and thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1993 T4, 2.5 diesel that will top out at 60 mph. Considering that engine has no stretched cable to adjust i assume its the same issue you have. Here's hoping someone on here an advise about calibration.

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,831 Posts
1993 2.5 TDi?
Sure it's not a 2.4D?

2.5s didn't come out until 1995.
They are "fly-by-wire" controlled by the ECU.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OMG! Just double checked (looked under the bonnet) and made myself look a right idiot! It is indeed a 2.4d, and so its gonna have that throttle cable to adjust. I take it others on this forum have had some good results with a cable tightening?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts