VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we would show you what we do all day.. If your interested in seeing what we get up to:D We have created a new blog here:

http://www.tidycampers.co.uk/workshop-diary/2010/12/22/

Everyday we update it so you can see all sort's of random things from having a cup of tea, getting vans stuck in the snow, cutting holes for windows, paint, carpet lining all sorts of stuff!

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im loving your extended sills, and im loving the blog but then I am a right nosey bar steward,

Merry christmas to the Tidy T's team *<:)>
LOL: Yeah i'm a nosey git tooRasp: so thought it would be a good ideaI: people can see what we get up to each day, customers can see whats going on with there van when we are working on it. It's always good to see what goes on behind the scenes in workshops especially ones full of T4's:ILU:

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:cool: then it's the twin turbo setup mate T:
ermmmmmmmm i cant decide what to do next, What i might do is enjoy it for once and use it instead of ripping it apart all the time:confused:

Happy with the 200bhp now but more would be better:D think twin turbo would give to much lag (as you've said before dude) so i'm still thinking 2.8 Lt35 bottom end, and the same setup i have now but with an upgraded cam, and a sequential box

For now though i'm going to use and abuse it:D

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was of the understanding that the point of twin turbo vehicles was that you have one turbo with a smaller diameter which spools up quick to reduce lag and so boost the power in the lower -mid range and then the other has a bigger diameter which obviously takes longer to spool up but pushes more air to get the big power at the mid - upper part of the range so the usable power of each turbo overlaps in order to avoid the lag problems of just whacking on a great big turbo instead.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was of the understanding that the point of twin turbo vehicles was that you have one turbo with a smaller diameter which spools up quick to reduce lag and so boost the power in the lower -mid range and then the other has a bigger diameter which obviously takes longer to spool up but pushes more air to get the big power at the mid - upper part of the range so the usable power of each turbo overlaps in order to avoid the lag problems of just whacking on a great big turbo instead.
Yep thats true mate most definalty, i get a fair bit of lag now, unless it kicked in real early i cant see it being much benefit on my set up i have now also to set up a twin turbo on a t4 would be a right mare of a job, would love to see it done though. I think there are better ways to get ponies from the old girl:ILU:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.