VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure plenty of you have noticed recently that there seems to be a growing amount of threads on here when a company does something wrong, and a diminishing number of threads when one does something right or helps you out. I know I have and I'm a relatively new member on here - (less than a year I think)

It's a strange world in that if a company does do make a mistake, more people find out about it than if that same company did a fantastic job and the customer was over the moon. This doesn't just apply to the traders from the forum, but all companies and there customer base in general. For new members joining the forum, they will sometimes only see the threads moaning about certain companies, bad experiences and one persons view of who to avoid. This obviously gives a massively compromised view of some of the traders on the forum. Finding the feedback section of a trader's profile isn't something you'd look for if you didn't know it existed!

Think we should in general, start and get back to posting threads thanking a company for there work as it used to be, at the end of the day it's the perfect opportunity to post up some pictures and we all love seeing pictures of vans right? being nosey and all that.

Anyway, enough of that, reason for the thread;

Recently had some windows fitted by the lads up at Tidy Transporters, been putting it off for a while due to wanting it done right, in the end, made the drive from Bristol to Lutterworth. Bit of a mission for me, but I knew what to expect having had a proper nose about other peoples vans, and also some reading up on here. So knew it would be a proper install.

A few hours later, after me being dropped off and picked back up in the local town, the van had two new windows fitted, was cleaned back out inside and I was happy as larry at the difference having two windows in the back made. Both of the lads were massively helpful and friendly from turning up to driving off and I wouldn't even question recommending them to anyone.

End of the day, everyone is entitled to there opinion, some are based on fact, some are based on personal experiences and others are just made up from reading a thread on a forum and jumping on the bandwagon. Nothing you can really do about it on a internet forum with everyone's freedom of speech, but I think it would be good for all traders using the forum if people could start doing this a bit more. You can never have enough good feedback and examples of your work for people to see before deciding who they go with for there next purchase.

Anyway, thanks again :ILU:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Your right top company T:

Gona repost this in this thread as it's a positive one T:

A few years ago someone crashed in to the back of my van :(

If it wasn't for Will at Tidy Transporters I probably wouldn't have my van today.
read my story here
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43034

Also after my van had been fixed i got the train down there and Will drove down to Rugby to pick me up, he didn't have to do that T:

Then when i had a problem with my side windows he was more than happy for me to come over and sort them out, i was there all day as well T:

It seems that Tidy T's has grown with the rapid expansion of the T4/5 scene, but that good especially the these times. Yes there's been a few slip up along the way I'm sure this is the same from all companies what ever industry. And unfortunately with a forum like this a few small mistakes are hyped up :* but i can tell ya Will is one of the good guys out there and if it wasn't for people like Will we wouldn't have debadged grills, clear indicators, spoilers etc. I certainly know if it wasn't for Will at Tidy Transporters my van wouldn't be in the great condition it is now.

Fair play for stepping up on the forum, shows true character T:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I agree whole heartedly mate. Great shout. T:

·
Registered
339 Posts
T: could not agree more mate, i was new to all this two years ago, and really was unsure where to go for the jobs to be done, so glad i found will at tidy t's, he done my windows and fitted some eibachs for me, top jobs all round, i even went back to the body shop next door and had the back doors painted. once again another great job. these two places come fully recommended. A:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
another big thumbs up for Will and his staff, never had an issue always good service T:

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
Must say will at Tidy T's knows his onions regarding VW's and the windows that he fitted to my bus are outstanding compared to other buses that i have come accross and have to aggree that we dont speak about the good things that companies / peeps do enough.

I / we have been in the firing line on a couple of occassions and in some cases not even related to the discussion / debate:confused: and its not nice:(

So Will @ Tidy T's gets a thumbs up from me, due to the many dealings that i / we have had with himT:

jay:ILU:

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
I'm going to be massively blunt

Will is a big ginger freak

He is however also a very helpful fella, knows his onions (what onions have to do with vans I don't know) and he even laughs when I take the mick out of him.

Quite often ill text or pm him with inane questions and requests, he may take a while to get back sometimes but he always gets back to me and hes helped me out on numerous occasions. Niceone ya big ginger wierdo:D

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Will at Tidy Transporters has always had a great reputation on this forum and having seen the quality of his workmanship he deserves that reputation.
Anyone can make mistakes, but it takes a lot to hold your hands up and admit it and then to do something about correcting that mistake.

Just a pity there are not more people around like WillT:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I know what's posted below is not entirely to do with this thread, I was going to post it on a previous (very recent) thread, but it was closed before I pressed submit.
I've used this forum and companies advertised on it for a number of years and fortunately have not had a bad experience (maybe because I do my homework first). We are all very quick to see the worst in people. Fair play to Will for having the balls to stand up and be counted.

You may call me stupid (most people do) for staring the obvious, but if you are a member on here and are having issues with a company that sells parts specifically for T4's & T5's, you would assume that company would have a forum presence. If you don't have any luck going down the usual communication route for an answer from the company, the next step might be to find out (tactfully) who they are on here (if the company name was not their profile name) and send a pm explaining your circumstances. I would imagine the company director would be in charge of their Forum account and would get an email notifying them of a message, especially as most of us have email/web capability on our phones these days. That way you would go straight to the top and hopefully get the situation resolved without going down the name and shame (or not name and shame but leave enough hints for people to guess so you feel exonerated for not breaking forum rules) route and trying to bankrupt the company by starting a witch hunt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Drove up to Tidy Transporters with a mate a couple of weeks ago to get two windows fitted to my T4, one being an opener. We got friendly professional service from the start. They dropped us into the local town, four or five coffees later we were back with a spot on job. I would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
452 Posts
will and the boys are superb at what they do and i would highly recommend them if you need anything will is very helpful. tidy transporters did a brilliant job on both these vans.

[/IMG]

MERRY CHRISTMAS *<:)>

·
Registered
847 Posts
Granted Tidy T's do a great job on their windows, they fit them realy well,
but a mate of mine had his van worked on by them and everything they did was a disaster,
Intercooler was fitted without the removal of the sound deadening under the bonnet, so wasn't breathing.
The induction kit was fitted flopping around.
The remap smokes more than the industrial revolution did.
The wheels fitted were supposed to have been balanced but were a mile out.
The full service which was supposed to include brakes were running on metal to metal.
The second leisure battery was fitted in an under body box that was fitted without nylocks or sprung washers so rattled loose not to mention the wire was routed under the drivers seat with a couple of washers to make the gap greater, which was not only unsafe but the wires chafed and so nearly made the base LIVE!

And these are just the points I can remember off hand on the whole it wasn't good, whether they had a work experience lad in or somthing I don't know.
Now I know a lot of people rave about them but that seems to be about the window fitting, which I agree is very good, but the other stuff was distinctly poor, on the basis of what I have seen in my mates van. I won't be using them that is for sure.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
^^^^that's the equivalent of naming and shaming for shoddy work isn't it? :*

It does seem a trifle queer that one is allowed to expel gratitude for a sterling window fitting job but are not allowed to bring to the fore an example of diabolical service, for instance (naming no names).

:*

*<:)>

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
If we had supplied the van to him then fair enough clarkey, we didnt though it wasnt ours, we didnt sell it to himI:

It was brought from a trader who we do work for, we were not responsible for checking any mechanical parts, or instructed to replace any parts.

We were not instructed to service it, or do any checks on it i.e replace pads

Remap not done by us - smokey due to pump timing being out, Trader told buyer this when the van was collected and paid for pump timing to be sorted out after the van was collected

Intercooler- not fitted by us

Wheels we fitted but didnt supply them or instructed to check balancing.

As for anything else we have a no quibble 3 year quarantee on all work we undertake, Buyer informed of this.

Just to make it totally clear the van wasnt brought from usI:

Also your mate who brought the van has not contacted us to inform us of any problems, if he did we would have sorted them out quick smart:ILU:

but a mate of mine had his van worked on by them and everything they did was a disaster,
Intercooler was fitted without the removal of the sound deadening under the bonnet, so wasn't breathing.
The full service which was supposed to include brakes were running on metal to metal.
The second leisure battery was fitted in an under body box that was fitted without nylocks or sprung washers so rattled loose not to mention the wire was routed under the drivers seat with a couple of washers to make the gap greater, which was not only unsafe but the wires chafed and so nearly made the base LIVE!

And these are just the points I can remember off hand on the whole it wasn't good, whether they had a work experience lad in or somthing I don't know.
Now I know a lot of people rave about them but that seems to be about the window fitting, which I agree is very good, but the other stuff was distinctly poor, on the basis of what I have seen in my mates van. I won't be using them that is for sure.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I was quite suprised to see a negative comment on here about their work, but all fairness to Tidy Transporters i called them and spoke to the infamous Will about pump timing after scraping through an MOT 10 months earlier (despite dealers saying it was well within it's 'tolerances'), he promptly recommended the garage in the unit next door. They efficiently setup not only the pump timing but also the cam too for the same price (a smidge over £70 in total). The van flew through it's next MOT with just a fog light issue (my fault).
The following week i returned to Tidy Transporters to have my dodgy rubber sealed windows replaced with 'propper' ones. The lads were exceptional and couldn't be more helpful! After i dropped my van off they ran me home (i only live a few miles down the road) i collected my vehicle later on in the day, apart from a dribble of window sealant down the side (which is due to be painted anyway) the van was good to go. I even got a free glove in the door pocket, and my old windows back!
I've got my vehicle off the road at the moment, renewing brake lines, but I'll be back to Tidy Transporters farmyard in the new year for the paintwork my van has been crying out for.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

so there was really no ned to post this then :*

·
Registered
756 Posts
just to put my opinion in on this,i have dealt with Will on several occasions and have only ever had a class A service a very helpful guy who has gone out of his way to make sure i got what i wanted............top bloke cheers..T:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts