VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, is it worth paying between 300-550 to get it professionally done or worth buyin it DIY at £100? is it easy to do and would be really grateful for any tips as id like to give it a crack! thanks all

vwsurf:ILU:

·
Registered
357 Posts
im gonna do mine meself,looks easy enuff,certainly doesnt look like 500 quids worth of work :) just take your time.

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Do it yersel !T:

Go steady at it and you'll be chuffed at the results. There's loads of info on here, have a look at the build threads. It'll save you diesel money for surfing too .

·
Registered
474 Posts
In the process of doing mine myself ,read up on how others have done theirs and ask questions if needed ,very helpfull people on here A:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome im gonna get the diy and give it a whirl..im sure feeney ive seen your t4 around stourbridge?
thanks all im gonna have a look at build section

vwsurf:ILU:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Its not that hard to do - the first T4 i did took me 2 days now im down to a day, it all depends on how many windows you have as they take the time to do a neat job - if you are using the hi flex liner that streches then start from the middle of the section you are covering and work outwards - less to pull off if you go wrong I: oh and apply spray glue to both surfaces not just on one or it will be on the floor after a week or two.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
pretty easy diy job,i got the carpet and glue from mega van mats,they will send you out samples,i got a pair of scissors from asda/tesco,cheap,couple of quid,these were very good for doing the bigger cuts,get plenty stanley blades cause they get blunt pretty quickly,i had never done anything like this before but it turned out very good

·
Registered
539 Posts
Definitely have a go yourself. I got mine from Megavanmats too and its really good stuff to work with. You'll be surprised how good it turns out, you'll be surprised how well it stretches around thing's like B pillars, plus its a nice feeling to look at it after and think "I did that":).
Just get plenty of good carpet and straight stanley blades

1 - 11 of 11 Posts