VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what else do i need to buy for a 2.4d abb engine? it there some sort of stretch bolt? im not doing this myself but my m8 gets me staff prices for parts so i intend to get the parts before i go see my mechanic.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? i read a thread on here a while back but can't find it now, few posters saying you need to replace some bolt as it ends up becoming loose

·
Registered
682 Posts
A new M18 stretch bolt for the damper pulley. About a tenner of VW. I think thats what your thinking off.

Also new tensioner and bolt, water pump and gasket and the belt itself.

Also a good time to replace the alternator belt and vibration damper pulley if there not going to last until the next TB change.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A new M18 stretch bolt for the damper pulley. About a tenner of VW. I think thats what your thinking off.

Also new tensioner and bolt, water pump and gasket and the belt itself.

Also a good time to replace the alternator belt and vibration damper pulley if there not going to last until the next TB change.
thanks for the info, got the alternator belt done the same time as the power steering belt a few month ago, been told my van needs two belts for the timing, so i have been given a price for water pump and the two belts, now i just need to order the m18 stretch bolt, new tensioner with bolt and a vibration damper pulley, gonna cost more than i thought

1 - 4 of 4 Posts