VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've had my 1.9td since 2009, overall its been great. Ever since I've owned it though ,when accelerating away and going through 2000 revs, an annoying tinny rattle/vibration noise occurs. It does not seem to affect performance, or seem to be getting worse. I have checked all of the heat shields, all of the exhaust mounts/brackets, the engine belly cover, I even just replaced the front pipe thinking it was the heat shroud that was rattling.
Does anyone else have this issue? What else could be causing it? I thought maybe something to do with the transmission, but its had a recon box fitted, and the noise was there before and after. I know its a bit of a needle in a haystack kind of problem, but im hoping there is simple answer out there as the noise is driving me nuts! aarrrrghhh!

Help or answers most welcome

Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sorry can't help with the problem just thought the title was funny.

Vibration driving me nuts. So stop driving your nuts!LOL:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
duplicated post - sorry!

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I seem to remember having an annoying chattering type noise on mine - turned out to be a loose bracket on the top of the engine, behind the intercooler, as I recall. Might be completely different, but thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello, I've had my 1.9td since 2009, overall its been great. Ever since I've owned it though ,when accelerating away and going through 2000 revs, an annoying tinny rattle/vibration noise occurs. It does not seem to affect performance, or seem to be getting worse. I have checked all of the heat shields, all of the exhaust mounts/brackets, the engine belly cover, I even just replaced the front pipe thinking it was the heat shroud that was rattling.
Does anyone else have this issue? What else could be causing it? I thought maybe something to do with the transmission, but its had a recon box fitted, and the noise was there before and after. I know its a bit of a needle in a haystack kind of problem, but im hoping there is simple answer out there as the noise is driving me nuts! aarrrrghhh!

Help or answers most welcome

Thanks
Keeping your revs above whatever is your simplest solution.

Apart from that, try checking for summat trapped between the engine / transmission and the body / chassis.

In one mythical case the main agent eventually tracked the noise on a new motor down to an empty coke can left in the bottom of a panel :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Does it do it when standing still and hitting 2000 rpm ? Leave the hand brake off just in case it's part of the handbrake mechanism that's vibrating. A second pair of ears is handy to walk round the van .

·
Registered
867 Posts
i had this and it was the engine mount at the back of the motor. its right in the middle just below your gear lever area. give it a thump and you will hear if its that. i had to tighten mine up to rediculous torque before it stopped rattling.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had annoying metallic vibration , turned out to be the under tray locating on the back of the tray that fits I to the slot. a big splodge of grease on em both did the trick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts