VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did the velle's have tinted door glass as standard ?

I would like to get some tinted door glass for mine and I have heard that tinting is a complete no-no now on side & front not even 20% allowed so I wondered if any models had tinted door glass as standard

thanks all T:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
did the velle's have tinted door glass as standard ?

I would like to get some tinted door glass for mine and I have heard that tinting is a complete no-no now on side & front not even 20% allowed so I wondered if any models had tinted door glass as standard

thanks all T:
i have limo tinted side windows in side loading door and same on opposite side,i was wanting a slight tint on fronts but tint guy said it would be too dark as looking from the front in to the rear of the van is very dark anyway

so i bought 2 x front windows from a caravelle which had a green tint from factory and im going to fit these

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies, I'll need some velle door glass then A:

any other colour besides green do you know

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hi. Sorry, but there IS a difference between "VELLE" glass and "VAN" glass.

A while back I swapped my clear exAA front windows for green tinted "VELLE" ones.

Tidy T's has got some in stock!
http://www.tidytransporters.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18&sort=20a&page=3

Cheers Trev.
of course there is, i think the question to what i was replying "was there any other tint available other than green" to which i replied "No, only available in green toughened" Other than clear glass, the only other option was green.

And boscombe had 35% carbon film put on clear glass, putting the VLT of his glass within the legal limit.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe the guy I spoke to is wrong, I asked about tinting the door glass and he said any aftermarket tint is now illegal

will look for some tinted glass I think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts