VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Need to get the barn door windows tinted. Looking like £80 for the pair to be done professionally. Am thinking of doing a tailgate conversation in the near future and therefore not so keen to spend £80 in case need to get it done again on the new tailgate.
My question is has anybody used those DIY tint kits.
Have seen them on some boy racer cars and they look RUBBISH and I think why bother!!!
Any ideas or experiences??
Cheers :ILU:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
do it your self tints ok tragomills for £7.50 make sure you get the windos clean and use lots of soapy water and keep out of the sun has it tends to dry and you get air bubbles the it looks s//[ or you can use spray tint but make sure you mask of any paint has its a bitch to get off aplly lots off thin coatsimg]http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=2896&pictureid=17879[/img]
t

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. So that was not as easy as it looks. First attempt went well but was not perfect, so took it off and started again. Second attempt even worse.

Now run out off film, therefore required a trip back to the shop. So its cost me £15 for average job. Center is good but could not get last of the bubbles around the bottom edge. Looks great from inside and average from out.

Any how it is good enough until tail gait conversation. Thanks for advice/tips

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I tried doing mine - against advice on this forum I: tried the barn doors first thinking "how hard can this be?"
and it looked toilet!:*

Like many here I realised it's part art, part science but mostly witchcraft!

I contacted Richard at Tint my ride, Goonhavern nr Newquay

http://www.nicetints.co.uk/contact.php?tintme=yellow

and he picked Hendrix up one morning and delivered him back early afternoon with fully guaranteed limo tints back and sides which I suspect would work out less than your quote!

I'm chuffed to bits - wish I'd done it yonks ago - makes such a huge difference inside and out (used to use curtains)

That's my 2 bobsworth :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts