VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had enough of me clunking down the road, so starting the change everything attack, m8 at me mot centre said change drop links, so got some ordered and figured whilst down there give the bushes a change since they cheap enough to warrant the fun.

Am basically after some advice and tips since ive never done this before, or even hand if you in Crewe this saturday T:!

Van T4 133k 2.4d 98 AJA 1200 LWB.

track control arm upper front bush x2
track control arm upper rear bush x2 - for the rears right? got them anyway..
track control arm lower front bush x2
track control arm lower inner bush x2
Drop Link front x 2

Any mad tools i may need? Cheers :ILU:

·
Registered
43 Posts
was just looking into doing this myself so if anyone has some tips would be greatly appreciated (mine is a 1.9td but presuming it will be similar if not exactly the same).

Cheers for any help guys will be much appreciated T:

James

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm sick of mine now.
Have changed the arb bushes and drop links, and lower ball joints and it sounds aweful.

Its like a really light tinny sort of noise (hard to describe) like something is making contact when the suspension goes up and down but not a really hard thud.

Mine seems to be right next to the seats, which is where the torsion bars end. I believe they sit in a rubber bush of some sort but have never seen a picture.

Its got to the point where I am just tempted to drop the whole sub frame and strart replacing every bush and rubber.
Once the engine and gearbox are supported, dropping the subframe actually looks to be a fairly easy job (in comparison to the "straight forward" clutch change that I just did on my wifes 2002 focus. Should have taken about 8 hrs and ended up taking three days. 3.5hrs, just to get the gearbox back onto the engine.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
just sorted my 1.9td with top and bottom ball joints, drop links and inner rollbar bushes,1 track rod end., outer cv boot, oh and 4 new monroe shocks. drives like a new van now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts