VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G-Day Folks

just got hold of a 2006 T5 with a 6 speed sport auto box ....I tried to put it into tiptronic mode?the shifter would not budge other than slide up and down the selector gear range ...anybody know how to select it or put it into tiptronic..all the other auto cars ive driven with tiptronic
just push the stick over gently and you can select + and - easily

thanx for any advice

cheers

haydn

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
You need to put in drive first, then it will pull across. You don't need it at the top for park reverse or neutral , hope that makes sense.
But it should pull across when your driving.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to put in drive first, then it will pull across. You don't need it at the top for park reverse or neutral , hope that makes sense.
But it should pull across when your driving.
Thanx mate...I tried it in drive as that's where the gate is normally open to be moved over, was unmovable, I didn't however try it in S but also it may only open the gate once it starts moving..will try that when I pick up the car later this week, I had to drive 600kms to look at the car so was on my own. need another driver to go collect it now...after having found a parking for it now...
cheers
haydn

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok It works ..but I can tell ya its never been thrashed in all its life,its had a hard life but soot and shoot out the tail when we crank up the revs
oh well time to start the renovation!:ILU:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts