VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my MY08 Shuttle pretty much all of the belts don't retract themselves with any sort of enthusiasm. Doesn't seem normal to me but being new to the T5 I don't know any better. Is this normal or are they just tired and need replacing? If they need replacing then are they specific to T5 or can I use belts from any/some of the VAG vehicles?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody?! I mean, while the panels are off I should replace them if they are indeed a bit tired but I can't tell if they're just lazy from the factory, not without going to a showroom anyway! New belts aren't exactly cheap either!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to answer my own stupid question and for reference in case anybody else searches for the same thing... each seat belt is specific so you can only use exact part number replacements. Also, upon removal and examination of the ratchet mechanism, it does seem like if you unwind all of the belt and then recoil it can get the belt going again. However, I don't htink there's any mending of an overzealous ratchet, part of which is a big ball bearing in a hinged pivot thingy. I can't figure out how it works or why it would become over sensitive. A new belt would be the best idea.

·
Registered
621 Posts
My seat belts are slow to retract too. Try feeding them all the way out, giving them a yank, but it'a made no difference. Anybody got any suggestions that might revive them?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Been having a look on the world wide web of wonderment and silicon spray is offered up as an answer in several places. does anyone have any experience of this working?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I use dash spray every now and then when they are getting slow.

Been doing it on several cars for years.

Seems to work.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Igot a lazy drivers and a passenger belt on strike half way lol
£120 a belt from vw !!!!!!!
There's a guy on here sells coloured belts for £90 a pair
I bought some a belts are like new!!
Great stuff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts