VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My paint work is looking a bit tired and there's a few stone chips on the bonnet. I'd love a respray but I don't have the budget to get it done properly.

Can anyone recommend anyone in the Devon area who may be able to put the shine back in and fix up stone chips? Is there anything I can do myself.

I've already gone through a whole bottle of everything Auto glym sell to try and get it right again!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'd recommend getting a local valeting place who can do machine polishing and paint correction to go over it and spend a day on it. Some bodyshops also have people who can do a good job of machine polishing, but make sure it's someone who knows what they are doing.

Most paintwork can be properly sorted out simply with an adequate machine polish!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used exactly ine of them ther silverline polisher last sunday....
Spent the whole day on it...... Compounded it, polished it then waxed it.... Im nit even kidding my 2004 plate t5 looks litterally like a new van!!!!
Didnt do the stone chips but i can live with them. Its now bright white, glossy to the touch and the rain just beads off it...

It was my first attemot at machine polishing and i just want to add a few more coats of wax to get the shine deeper and deeper!

Used magures clear coat wax to finish.

I say go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts