VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't decide if to colour code the bumpers and mirrors on my tornado red van.
Seems to look good on blue, but really not sure on mine.
Anyone got any ballpark ideas as to how much to get it done ?
Is it a sensible diy option ?
Any thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Yes get it done looks so much better all coded ( my opinion ) as for cost no idea but it will be money well spent T:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dave
Mine cost £100 per bumper but the guy reckoned after the job he should have charged more. I didn't get the mirrors done because I like the look of the black mirrors/windows area and didnt want to break it up.
I don't think DIY is an option unfortuneately.
Cheers
Clive
P.s enjoyed the meet on Saturday

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll sort a pic out later ,judging by my skill at not being able to post a pic yesterday, it may be much later !I:

·
Registered
49 Posts
im petty sure cmc have them in stock already done,you send them your black ones back job done.
thats all i had to do, very easy

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Alban has supplied the answer, either code them red, or be unconventional leave the bumpers black and paint the van to match I:
For my two penneth I'd code them. We did and it was money well spent. :ILU:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Glad you like it, Mine wasn't cheap though. Around £600, but they flatted back all the bumpers and mirror casing off completely, removing all the textured finish including all the plastic squares off the rear one!!!! and used a proper plastic primer too. Really pleased with the results though, most of the cost was labour really.

·
Registered
16 Posts
im petty sure cmc have them in stock already done,you send them your black ones back job done.
thats all i had to do, very easy
Im looking to do the same, been looking into DIY but think i will leave it to the pros, i was wondering who CMC are? or if anyone knows a good place to get it done in Devon/Cornwall????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts