VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, me and the boys are going to courchevel in the French alps for snowboarding and some new year merryness,

Is there anything any of you guys can think of that would be a good idea to do/take for this trip, maybe something I might not have thought of?

Do you think an oil and filter change is a worthwhile task before we go?! (van is new to me and don't know the date of the last change!

Advice welcome

Thanks

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
MMMmmm tricky one this.......:confused: let me think a moment..................I knowT:A BOTTLE OPENER A: Thats what you need;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi,
One thing I found is to make sure your battery is in tip top condition. If your using your bus in those winter conditions a strong battery is essential. My T4 alsways started first time back in the UK but out in the Alps it takes several attempts to get the old sludge pumper going.

Also make sure your anti-freeze is up to date and will work - best to get it dip tested to see how strong it is and fill your washer bottle up with good quality low temp screen wash as you will deffo need it.
Snow chains/shovel/warning triangle/Hi-viz vest are a must as well. (got some quality unused chains for £30 if you need some).

I also try and judge it right to fill up with diesel when I get into the Alps as the normal stuff tends to ice up at low temps but the Diesel for sale in the Alps usually has the additive already in to stop this happening.

Depending on your point of view European breakdown insurance is always a nice comfort blanket to have in case it all goes wrong.

Have fun it will be a great craic without doubt. I'm off there myself again in Feb.

PTB. T:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
The French have some funny laws about spare bulbs, warning triangles and hi viz jackets. If you are going where there is snow, you must have snow chains for the driven wheels. Oil & filter if it looks black and not honey and a cambelt if u don't know when if was last done. Check out aa/rac websites for advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts