VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Not done mine & it's been fine for the last 2 years,slept and cooked in the van a fair few times with no issues and the carpet hasn't fallen off yetT:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
i've used pva on lining in the past. it acts as a sealer and provides good support for the glues, stops it soaking into the wood.

·
Registered
799 Posts
i used pva for some fabric on one of the two headlining cards as i ran out of spray glue. left in the garage for a month as i didnt get round to re-fitting and it now STINKS! :*

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's new ply and in good nick, not sure how it's newness will prevent moisture absorption and whether I need to worry?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I see I thought you were worried about you carpet sticking. I've never worried about moisture absorption. We have been camping in all weathers for 4 years in our van and it's never been damp. I didn't pva mine bud and I've had no problems what so ever. That said pva is cheep enough so slap some on if you have time it won't do any harm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys. I will PVA and stay on the safe side. Sadly excited to receive my mega van mat delivery today and can't wait to get carpeting.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts