VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some advice.

I am currently rubbing down my 15" VW 5 spoke alloys to remove kerb rash and where the laquer has blistered for my van in preparation for filling and painting.

Qusetion is I am going to spray them metallic anthracite colour, but do I spray the backs as these are grey at present. With them being silver originally you did not notice it but as they will be darker do you spray them aswell so it does not show?

I ask as it seems that those who go darker spray all the wheel. I dont want to end up with a pants looking job.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I am in need of some advice.

I am currently rubbing down my 15" VW 5 spoke alloys to remove kerb rash and where the laquer has blistered for my van in preparation for filling and painting.

Qusetion is I am going to spray them metallic anthracite colour, but do I spray the backs as these are grey at present. With them being silver originally you did not notice it but as they will be darker do you spray them aswell so it does not show?

I ask as it seems that those who go darker spray all the wheel. I dont want to end up with a pants looking job.

Thanks

Andy
I just gave mine a quick blow over first just to change the colour. You'd need good eyes to notice the finish once they are on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts