VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a a Toad AI606 alarm fitted (by myself) to my van for nearly a year now without any problems. It has just gone off and now will not activate nor lock or unlock the doors.

I have checked all the fuses and wiring connections which all appear ok. I have tried to access the alarm system through the ignition system using the pin code as suggested in the fault finding section in the manual, but the dash light does not light up when it should.

When i turn the ignition on the hazard warning lights flash twice and the alarm unit clicks so there must be power getting to the unit. I have charged the van battery up fully so it is not a battery problem.

I have just rung Toad who have not been very helpful but said they could send someone out for a £150 call-out charge :eek:

Could any knowledgeable person please help.

many thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi T4Terrier when you say the led does't light up as it should ,what is it doing? I work for TOAD and have been installing 606's for the best part of ten years with only a few faulty units. It sounds like you have lost power on main power wire (the black wire that had the red tag on)Check you have power(12v) on this wire and on both sides of fuse and at the alarm box. If you need any help PM me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi T4Terrier when you say the led does't light up as it should ,what is it doing? I work for TOAD and have been installing 606's for the best part of ten years with only a few faulty units. It sounds like you have lost power on main power wire (the black wire that had the red tag on)Check you have power(12v) on this wire and on both sides of fuse and at the alarm box. If you need any help PM me.
Hi Stereopeeps, after reading the above i went right through the wiring again and guess what, i found a sneaky 5amp fuse tucked right out of the way that had blown. Fuse changed and alarm and central locking working again:):)

Thanks for the advice and the offer of help, i am now a happy bunny again. Its great to know there are knowledgeable guys like you on the forum to offer numptys like me some help. :ILU:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts