VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A:A:A:A:A:A:A:

..that i pick up my much wanted T5 camper!! Yay!
It's a silver '05 Trendline conversion with a poptop, 78k on the clock and its coming to a very good home A: from the guy who did a grand job converting it.

Just wanted to say hi as we're planning on doing some meets (& beer fests!) this coming year. We live in Eling on the edge of the new forest and after watching various friends enjoying the life of T4 and T5 owners over the past few years with a couple of green eyes, we've decided to jump in too :D

So, big hello from Helen, Jason and Evie (who's 3), we're looking forward to meeting some peeps sometime soon!

Anyone recommend some decent cost insurers out there?? My current best quote is about £230 from Adrian Flux but any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Now I need to think of a name for it...

I can't wait!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome along. £230 dont sound bad to me.....and let Evie choose the name. T:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both :) am so excited.

That's a good idea re naming, but.... her suggestion is "Pink"!!! I suppose I could go with 'Pinky' but I'm not so sure!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey there,

My other half and I also pick up our first T5 tomorrow; not fully converted yet but definitely a good start. Hope you enjoy as much as I think we will - and ours is called Dino (my late fathers nickname).

There won't be much sleeping in either household tonight me thinks!!!

Andy & Lisa

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there

We pick ours up next week and cannot wait.

For insurance also try Greenlight and Just Kampers. We insured through the latter and were very impressed with their service. Ours is a newer van but it cost me less to insure than my 9 year old Toyota RAV 4.

Have a great time.

Andrew and Lynne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, picked the beast up yesterday...sooooo happy!!! :D A: I will post some pics very soon..

The trip was tinged with a little sadness tho - a great big van passed us in the country and threw up a boulder at the windscreen creating a massive inch wide & very deep chip!!! :eek: I couldn't/can't believe it :blg I think it may need a complete new screen as you can feel it on the inside too... that's £100 I was going to spend on upgrading the headlights!! :(

Anyways, it's home and I'm very very happy.. time to join team silver..

Wish list for the first mods..
- Shiny sparkly headlights.
- Black or black/chrome side/running bars.
- Black VW bonnet bra or the dark silver/grey chequered one.
- Better get it kitted out with camping gear too..I'll have to see what we already have lurking in the garage!

Need to earn more money I:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, picked the beast up yesterday...sooooo happy!!! :D A: I will post some pics very soon..

The trip was tinged with a little sadness tho - a great big van passed us in the country and threw up a boulder at the windscreen creating a massive inch wide & very deep chip!!! :eek: I couldn't/can't believe it :blg I think it may need a complete new screen as you can feel it on the inside too... that's £100 I was going to spend on upgrading the headlights!! :(

Anyways, it's home and I'm very very happy.. time to join team silver..

Wish list for the first mods..
- Shiny sparkly headlights.
- Black or black/chrome side/running bars.
- Black VW bonnet bra or the dark silver/grey chequered one.
- Better get it kitted out with camping gear too..I'll have to see what we already have lurking in the garage!

Need to earn more money I:
We all need to earn a LOT more money I have figured out and I've only had Dino for a day - spent another £500 today getting a new sound system fitted! Really glad you got yours too but sorry to hear about the windscreen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey bud,
Sorry bout the bad news of the windscreen, that must be jealousy from the heavens above! Be good to see how this van looks before you start on it. By the way what was the price you paid for your new project? Currently looking myself to join team white or team silver.

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts