VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have bitten off more than I can chew :D.

I had a quick measure up of some wheels last night and decided negative offset was gonna be a problem I:. So had a quick trial fit today before I chuck a tyre on tomorrow and I reckon it's a bit too much poke.
Fronts will be skinnies with a bit of tuck so not worried about that but all you poke gurus, is this gonna go? I've got around 40mm outside of the arch.
What's the narrowest tyre someone is running on a 15x8 to get the tread inside?

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Mmmm big problem there eigh Al,how thick is the wheel on the bolt face? Maybe you can change the ET a little like 5mm of the back of the wheel and 5mm of the brake drum,that will put you in 10mm then i would go for a 185/55R15 or 185/60R15 but dunno what load rating you can get with that size.
Gonna need some big stretch to tuck them in.
When do we get to see the face of the Rimmage?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trouble rolling/pulling the arches is I was gonna go for for a poked rear and tucked front with some rake so if I widen the rear by pulling or fitting arches it'll look odd to the front.
I can get two more identical wheels for the front and cut away the arches and fit some Mk2 golf spats or something and drop it all right down but I really wanted skinnies up front, totally pointless on a FWD but it'll look cool I reckon, especially with these wheels as they are from the drag scene.

The wheels aren't anything that special Steve, just I've always loved them and never seen any on a T4 before. Centerline Autodrags, common on beetles and aircooled stuff but I didn't want flat face ones like they all seem to run, I wanted some dish straight from the hotrod scene. Was gonna run flatter faced ones up front to tuck 'em under :cool:.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nearly 5" from mounting face to the outer rim :D

Still need a good polish, gave 'em a quick go over with scotchbrite and they're in bloody good nick T:.

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Oh yes i like :D
Em had a set on her last bug and was always polishing them,which was good because it built her arm muscles and stamina up I:

Unique on a T4 thinkin outside the box mate,nice work,you have to make them fit T:

Is that some creepy gothic backdrop going on behind the rimms or do they just gleam so much the backdrop light didnt get a chance to hit the lens?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yes i like :D
Em had a set on her last bug and was always polishing them,which was good because it built her arm muscles and stamina up I:

Unique on a T4 thinkin outside the box mate,nice work,you have to make them fit T:

Is that some creepy gothic backdrop going on behind the rimms or do they just gleam so much the backdrop light didnt get a chance to hit the lens?

Clear etch primer and lacquer if I polish them I reckon T:. Didn't want polished to start with so wasn't too fussed on condition when I bought them, was going to paint 'em, but after a quick clean I don't know. Possibly Autosol 'em up, clear etch and then tinted/dyed lacquer as in candy colours and then lacquer, so instead of a metallic base like a candy you'll have polished ally giving the gleam.

I was going to say anything on here til they were done and on, that's why I was a bit cloak and dagger with previous posts, not because they're special but because this forum's like a frickin' Xerox machine, wanted them on before someone else went "ooh I'll have some of them".

And no Steve, it's not "some creepy gothic backdrop", it's my patio, although thinking about the contents of my shed maybe you were right the first time :D.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
looking very nice allan... there was a set of these for sale on ebay in exeter not long ago T:

i had an idea for some new wheels a while back... but these had a bit of poke too... :D

tried em on me mates van first... bit of arch work i think... and this was without adapters...I:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Cheers Matt T:

Seen a couple of sets but usually 4 3/4" PCD plus I'm buying in pairs so I can get odd pairs to get 'the look' :D.

These are 4 1/2" so should go with wobble bolts, the pic of them on the van had only two bolts on, if wobbles won't do it I'll need adapters :eek:

I can't believe nobdy is fitting American 4 1/2" wheels with wobbles, amazing array of wheels for the picking and 4 1/2" is between 114 and 115mm, 114.3 fit with wobbles no problem so :gl

What were those wheels above then?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts