VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y'all,

Just had a quote for £600 to have all four bubbling arches de-rusted and sorted out and the whole van, including roof, machine polished. The guy's workshop is always heaving busy and looks like a really professional set up. He talked me through the whole process of how he was gonna treat the arches - heat treat them to dry them out, take it back to metal, treat, waxoyl and repaint, then machine polish each side and rest of van to get the paint back to a lovely sparkling white again.

Can anyone give me an idea if this price sounds about right or did he see me coming?!

Thanx x

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would say that's about right. Just get a few quotes from any other local body shops to get confidence that you are paying is right.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Don't sound too bad to me, was quoted similar prices myself but went for a full blow over at the same time instead, get it back next week! :ILU:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I was quoted £180 to polish my multi if that gives you some idea. I bought a proper machine/polish and done it myself for about the same money.
See if they will blow in the quarter panels and sills for that price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I've got a couple of other bits that i'll ask them to do for that price and see what they say.

Cheers x

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got a quote from another garage to do arches and various other bits...

repair arches x 4 = £400.00
machine polish van = £80.00
repair stone chip damage and re-paint bonnet = £150.00
plastic dip bonnet = £60.00
plastic dip roof = £100.00
plastic clear arches x 4 = £60.00

Plus the VAT total = £1020

Considering I probabaly gave the impression that I was just a dappy blond surf chick who didn't know what I was talking about (little did they know I had the whole VW forum at my disposal!! A:)...what does that price sound like to those in the know?

x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts