VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had furniture fitted with a top-loading fridge and with a 118/120cm wide seat/bed installed?

If so, where from and can I see the pics please? :)

No need for 112cm wide examples as there seem to be loads of those but no use for my 118cm bed.

I'm gradually getting my kombi converted and when the HiLo roof has been fitted, in a couple of months, I'll be planning to get the conversion finished. That will include insulation, lining, electrical (maybe solar too), plumbing, heating, window level side furniture with top-loading fridge (TLF), blinds and front swivels.

I've already had the flooring done, with rails for a 118cm Cambee bed plus an extra two rear facing seats (only occasionally in the van). I can get the furniture with TLF from Cambee too but I'd like to see some other examples...

·
Registered
558 Posts
'Off the shelf' units evomotion do a unit for 120cm rib that a cambee customer has fitted with their 3/4 width, it uses a standard fridge however. Speak to evomotion and see what is possible, alternatively look at someone like Jackson leisure for one of the largest selections of fridges i know of

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply airhoguk; I've seen the 120 evomotion units but did discount them because not only do they have the standard fridge but also I'm really after single-height units rather than having a wardrobe unit.

Jackson leisure has jumped out at me a few times for their range of fridges, although the one design I know will fit is likely to use one of the 38-40l TLFs that are available from many suppliers. There's even the option of a custom fridge if necessary but that'll be a last resort and even that will need someone to build custom furniture for it.

If I don't come across any more examples before my roof is fitted then no doubt I will be ringing around furniture companies. I doubt I'm the first to have wanted this combination though so it would be good to see an existing example or two if they're out there :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a VW Cali bed on rails and have ordered the Evo 7.4 furniture. It's going to be tight and I may have to do a little shaving here and there.
Reply from Jon @ Evo below:
If you measure from the C pillar behind the passenger side across the van at 450mm high ( seat level) you have 118cm to the sides of the units. You should able to check if you bed will work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi @Zave, have a word with Cambee; they've got a design for cabinets with a TLF that will work with the 118cm :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dave, It depends on the sace available as you know The top loading fridge is trickier to install as you cant recess it into the wall. There are narrower but longer top loaders out there which may help. I would measure the gap between the seat and the metal rail under the side window to determine the available space. If you have enough room available then a set of units could be designed for you. Or you make yourself to suit. Bear in mind that the fridge need sinstalled form the top so you need clear space above the worktop (and the curved side of the van) to install the fridge. Dont be tempted to build it in as if you have a problem ou will need to dimantel your furniture to remove.
We always deisgn or conversions with maiteence in mind.

Good luck

Cheers
Eclipse Custom Campers
www.eclipsecustomcampers.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts