VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after two days I've just managed to get movement of the torsion bar bolts, after 5 full turns I lowered the van back down to check height and resettle. Once on the deck I heard a massive TWANG, not good. under inspection I found my NS bolt had popped out of the mount so........
I'm assuming i have too options:

1) Try and get the rest of the nut off, but its tuff as old boots!!

2) Cut the thing off and buy new?

I under the assumption that i'm going to need to refit the new or existing arm, I thinking this is a simple job??? (if anyone has already done this some guidance would be good) and then jack up the torsion bar, slide the stud through and screw on the bolt?

·
Registered
765 Posts
U can get them back in, I believe if u jak up on the wishbone then get another on the torsion bar it should go in.
wont help u with lowering again though, all u can do is apply a lot of lube & keep comin back to it!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Just pop back in use the adjusting nut to pop it back In it's not to hard don't jack on wish bones leave them hangin

·
Registered
799 Posts
that happened to me I sh*t myself!! had to use a bottle jack to push the torsion arm up enough to allow the threaded rod to be popped back in. pretty easy really.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My torsion bar poped out today I know this is an old thread ,tried the pump jack on it but undoing the shock really did help it went back in easy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts