VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the front cannot be made stiffer when lowering are any of you running the violet bars or the grey sport torsion bars? have you found these make alot of difference? is it worth me changing torsion bars on the front to suit the lowered van i have the 800 payload 800 model which is the lightest torsion bar?*<:)>*<:)>

·
Registered
359 Posts
Can't speak from personal experience but the figures suggest it'll make a pretty massive difference, as Motters said.

Unless you speak German, whack this into google translate, lots of info:
http://www.t4-wiki.de/wiki/Drehstabfeder
Your current spring will be 23.8mm in diameter, while the stiffer ones are up to 28.6mm, so yep, that'll make quite a difference T:

...Unless you hold off and get some air springs :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Vanzee has the uprated (purple - 27.9mm) torsion bars fitted. The improvement is quite noticeable from the standard (green - 25.3mm) torsion bars. It equates to about a 34% uprate - torsion in a solid round bar being proportional to the diameter to the power of 4.
If your van indeed has 23.8mm bars there will be a huge difference.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is also one up from purple its grey the sport torsion bar! how much do these things cost i was trying to ask which models had which torsion bars at sinclairs today the guy basically said most vans have the low spec bars in its only the vr6 and caravelles that are more likey to have sport parts on request!:* if this is such a good mod how come t4srus and other companies not stocking the up rated torsion bars. looking into buying coil over kits looking at maxi and other cheeper ones does'nt seem much point if the torsion bars at the front aint uprated its just going to crash about on any decent drop lower than 60mm

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers dude T: anyone got a set of the grey ones. on the vw parts data base it says on there system violet for lowered suspension. and for the grey ones it just says sport they must be super stiff wonder what they are like.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm if i had the money i would invest but i think i can get them cheeper there are a couple of vans breaking localy im interested in what would be running the grey bars. by the way love your thred dude what a clean van.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,968 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts