VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - bought a 1999 T4 last week and am totally in love with her. Have already spent a happy week in a field near Exeter together. She came from a guy in Lincs who advised me to find a T4 boffin mechanic to befriend locally - I am deffo not even close to being able to fix stuff! I live in Hertford town. Any recommendations or hot tips gratefully received!?:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
There's a local meet this week in Hertford which will have lots of suggestion I:

Hertford Fire Station
Old London Road
Hertford
Herts.
SG13 7LD

Time:
19:30-onwards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Similar situation here. I picked up a T4 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm looking for a trusty local mechanic who is familiar with these vans.

I'm pretty handy with the tools I've got, but some of the jobs that my van needs will go above my capabilities and available equipment/space. Replacing the steering bushes for example. :eek:

I'll try and come along to the next meet in July, but if anyone knows any mechanics, it would be much appreciated by myself and I'm sure by anyone else in the area. T:

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks, that would be great.
I'm over in Stevenage, so not far away should you find a decent place down there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have found someone local - seems knowledgable - he's going to look the van over tomoz. Will let you know how I get on!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hertford Auto Centre on Merchant Drive, its where I take mine, one of the owners is really into VW campers.
Mines booked in there on Monday :) it's just around the corner from where i work, booked it completely blind last week so it's nice to know they are into there VW's T:

Kev :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mines booked in there on Monday :) it's just around the corner from where i work, booked it completely blind last week so it's nice to know they are into there VW's T:

Kev :cool:
Need to get some work done on my beauty - were they any good?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts