VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to source some touch up paint or aerosol spray. My van is ex Glasgow City Council, in scarab green, paint code LH6S. I have visited the VW dealer and they say that they can not provide me with any touch up as it was a limited colour run only in Scotland. I've been to halford and they don't have the colour code on their mixing computer and therefore can't make the paint up? Now thinking of contacting a body shop, but don't know if they'll be interested in mixing such a small amount of paint?

I'm based in Glasgow - so anything local would be a bonus!

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
know how you feel mate.ive bin lookin since last august.a mate works in a car parts place that mixes paint and he has spoken to various pain peeps to no avail.halfords also drew a blank.!there are some close matches.there was another code that was on the computer at the vw dealership but that drew a blank also.a bloke who lives near me has a skoda fabia on a 52 plate that is identical in colour!i parked next to him and checked!:)as he had a boot full of shopping at the time we couldnt find the paint code on his car so i'm hoping to see him around again.so try the skoda dealers was my next step.tho i think skoda scarab green could be a different colour so dunno what they might call our green in their list.well worth a punt i think.
what year is your van.i got a 52 feb 03 van.sh 52 dhf

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used to be a panel beater/painter. Since i left where i worked i order paint from autopaint in st helens. These are very good and do touch up pots cheap.
Hope this helps

Google the name

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
know how you feel mate.ive bin lookin since last august.a mate works in a car parts place that mixes paint and he has spoken to various pain peeps to no avail.halfords also drew a blank.!there are some close matches.there was another code that was on the computer at the vw dealership but that drew a blank also.a bloke who lives near me has a skoda fabia on a 52 plate that is identical in colour!i parked next to him and checked!:)as he had a boot full of shopping at the time we couldnt find the paint code on his car so i'm hoping to see him around again.so try the skoda dealers was my next step.tho i think skoda scarab green could be a different colour so dunno what they might call our green in their list.well worth a punt i think.
what year is your van.i got a 52 feb 03 van.sh 52 dhf
Mine is a march 2003 sh03..... sounds like yours is ex glasgow city council too! The SH prefix is related to the Glasgow area.

Will give the skoda route a go - my other half has a skoda.

But surely if god forbid you or i were involved in a bump or accident then a body shop would be able to re-spray surely?

·
Registered
728 Posts
hi
i am a smart repairer and i have just had a look in my data book and on the pc colour book and come up with nothing on that colour so might have troubles there
best bet is nip into your local paint supplier and get them to chip it up with the nearest colour often find one that is a bang on match

·
Registered
67 Posts
hi mate i no i am in kent but there is a company in kent (maidstone) called kent paint and that will mix anything and shade it to match it might be worth a call hope this helps good luckT:

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
yeah indeed glasgow city council!

:)

both regd feb 4 2003.i dont spose you might be able to track down a pic of one of these vans with its building services signwriting on?mine was all removed when i got it.its possible to see the outline but i'd really like to know how it looked when it earned its keep.
did you get any service records with yours?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah indeed glasgow city council!

:)

both regd feb 4 2003.i dont spose you might be able to track down a pic of one of these vans with its building services signwriting on?mine was all removed when i got it.its possible to see the outline but i'd really like to know how it looked when it earned its keep.
did you get any service records with yours?
I've only seen 1 or 2 of the T4 GCC vans still in use - they now mostly have T5s. Will keep my eyes peeled and jump out with my camera if i see one! Building services was written in white lettering on the window panel on the sliding door + on the opposite side. There was also a rectangular sticker on the driver and passenger doors with the GCC logo on it. Nope didn't get any service records with mine - the service book is completely empty! Having worked for another council within Glasgow I know they are rather strict when it comes to servicing/maintaining vehicles.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
well thats pretty encouraging about servicing anyway.as far as logo's go thats pretty much how i pictured it would look.if you do happen to spot one i'd be well chuffed to get a pic.
if you do get any joy with the colour at skoda let me know.the geezer i spoke to did indeed have a touch up pen type thig aparently that he had from his dealer.if ever i do get to the bottom of it i'll let you know.
cheers.
bunny

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bunny, have just been on the phone to Dingbro Ltd (google them) - they seem to be a Scottish firm with lots of branches across scotland. They say they can fix me up with a small tin 1/4L or an aerosol spray in scarab green:)

They say they will mix it when I come to the shop - so it's looking goodH:

Hope to pop down sometime over the next few days (i'm off on hols over the w/end) i'll let you know how i get on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.