VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got an ex Glasgow Council van in Scarab Green and need to touch up some chips. The 'official' supplier in Glasgow won't post me a small pot for obvious reasons :no, but going to collect is would make it rather costly, so that's a no go! :(

Is it possible to get any auto-paint supplier to mix it if I supply the paint code? If so, does anyone have any supplier recommendations around Manchester?

Alternatively I guess I would need to find a friendly Glaswegian T4 owner willing to collect and post - risky!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've got an ex Glasgow Council van in Scarab Green and need to touch up some chips. The 'official' supplier in Glasgow won't post me a small pot for obvious reasons :no, but going to collect is would make it rather costly, so that a no go! :(

Is it possible to get any auto-paint supplier to mix it if I supply the paint code? If so, does anyone have any supplier recommendations around Manchester?

Alternatively I guess I would need to find a friendly Glaswegian T4 owner willing to collect and post - risky!
ill mix you up a small pot for a fiver matey
i would also recommend a small pot of lacquer
message me if you want more info etc

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
This may sound overly obvious but I get my touch up paint from the VW dealer.

They get the paint code from the VIN number on their system and it's under £3 for a pot or £5 for a rattle can.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I dont think the council paint their own vehicles!

They will have come painted from factory, on a contract to the council.

Same rules apply - check the paint code on the engine plate / under the fuse box on a black and white sticker (you need a bendy neck to see it, and a torch!)

May even be a code for it on here somewhere - I know there are some threads with paint codes but not sure if yours is covered :confused:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just been onto VW Comms Manchester, who say its not listed. They can match the paint code to the vehicle reg, but there's no paint stock. This is in line with what I had gathered from other threads for 'Scarab Green'.

Spendidsigns has offered to make me a pot, so I'll take him up on his kind offer! :ILU:

thanks for trying tho guys.:ILU:

·
Registered
255 Posts
hi i too bought an ex glasgy council van so it too is scarab green , when i went to vw dealers in brum i was given the same replies as others was given colour code but they dont have the paint so i am hoping splendidsigns can help me too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts