VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got mine from towequipe. On ebay he is towbarman01.

Cost me less than VW and came with the new Hazard warning switch too T:

HTH

Goose
Is this the one I need?

It appears to tick all the boxes... No bumper removal, no bumper cut, dual mount heights to allow for lowered van, comes with electrics....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosal-Flange-Neck-Towbar-VW-Volkswagen-TRANSPORTER-T4-CHASSIS-CAB-PICKUP-90-to-/290617621788?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item43aa28fd1c

·
Registered
568 Posts
Is this the one I need?

It appears to tick all the boxes... No bumper removal, no bumper cut, dual mount heights to allow for lowered van, comes with electrics....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosal-Flange-Neck-Towbar-VW-Volkswagen-TRANSPORTER-T4-CHASSIS-CAB-PICKUP-90-to-/290617621788?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item43aa28fd1c
Check out TOWSURE fella, I`ve just typed in my van reg this morning and it came up with a price of £85.80. This is for the bar only there electrics `aint to expensive either. T:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Check out TOWSURE fella, I`ve just typed in my van reg this morning and it came up with a price of £85.80. This is for the bar only there electrics `aint to expensive either. T:
Only thing there is the lack of adjustment in the tow ball height...

Compared to the Towequipe version...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The mechanicals of fitting the towbar are straightforward - three bolts each side into the framing members. Most of the suppliers have links to the manufacturers fitting instructions so you can see what you're dealing with before purchasing.

Electrics - I bought a specific wiring kit from VAG (about £40) which contained the loom, towing socket, replacement hazard switch incorporating relay and instructions. Best of all the loom plugged straight into the backplate of the rear lights - no cutting, splicing or messing around. Well worth the money in my opinion. The relay enables the dash tell-tale to function correctly.
Could you post a link bud?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts