VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've bought a tow bar from towequipe and have fitted. The wiring that came with it needs to be spliced into the existing wiring and I was wondering if there was a plug there ready for a vw dedicated wiring which is just plug and play. So no cutting into wires. Cheers Lee.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Well having bought a towbar and electrics from a fellow forum member i will follow this with interest.

Having said that i thought they were plug and play?? Hence the wiring kits.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I fitted a towbar to my T5 van around 4 - 5 years ago, which came with a dedicated VW loom. From memory it was a simple "unplug plug X, plug in towbar loom, then plug towbar loom into existing VW plug, connect earth wire or wires to a local VW earth point & I seem to remember there was a relay connected into the new towbar loom, but basically it was just a plug-&-play job. I think it took more time to remove the rear bumper & plastic trim from under the van, cut out the necessary sections of the trim panels to clear the towbar & refit it than it took to actually bolt the new towbar/bumper in place & connect the wires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aahh right that's what I wanted to here as I had the 7 pin socket plus a bypass relay and a bag full of coloured wires and scotch clips to cut into the loom, but I don't want to do that if I can get a kit to just plug in which will make life a lot easier. Does the dedicated kit plug into the back of the light cluster on the drivers side or is there a spare plug there for it.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hi I've bought a tow bar from towequipe and have fitted. The wiring that came with it needs to be spliced into the existing wiring and I was wondering if there was a plug there ready for a vw dedicated wiring which is just plug and play. So no cutting into wires. Cheers Lee.
What year is your van?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts