VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

Registered
Hi, I've got a Bilbos Celeste and the offside light is almost impossible to access (god knows how I'm ever going to change a bulb).
Can the same method be used for the nearside light and are the connections a mirror image?
Thanks

Premium Member
Just done mine, brilliantly easy peasy. I must admit I used a scotchlock for the fog but all is good...AND, following this advice I've wired in my auxiliary reversing lights on the passenger side, no snipping 馃槉 Anyone know if I can wire in a second fog light on this side too?
Tow bar is an 'Anker' sooo tempting to get the Tipex out 馃槈

Full of Cr*p....
You can fit foglights both sides.
Units are identical, so you just need another unit and the cable/connector...had one in my garage 10 years...will get it fitted one day!

Premium Member
You can fit foglights both sides.
Units are identical, so you just need another unit and the cable/connector...had one in my garage 10 years...will get it fitted one day!
So I'm guessing i can find the relevant pin on the unit and wire in direct?
OEM bayonet is ridiculously expensive and I have another i can modify 馃

Premium Member
Couldn't find a live for the fog on that side, guessing I'll have to run one from drivers side..

Registered
Hello
Just in the process of ordering a kit. With the wiring, do I need universal , bypass or vehicle specific. I have a T4 California
Thanks
Terry

Full of Cr*p....
If you buy the "genuine" one, it's plug and play....connectors straight into the light housing.
Otherwise, you'll have to use crimps/solder for the connections...don't use "scotch cocks"....

Registered
Thanks for that, I have tried to get the vehicle specific one but it's now out of stock everywhere :-(

Premium Member
You can fill up the housing with Tech 7 or some other filler and they will last forever.
Mine has the original Westfalia hook and connected to the the rear of the lights with Scotch Lock snap connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 89 of 89 Posts