VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys i will be towing a Caravan this weekend with my T4, 1.9TD, just wondering if anybody has done this as i hope the van is ok to do this with the van has been lowered, so i had to put a drop plate on her to bring her back up that 3 inchs just hope she will pull ok, any feed back would be gratfull :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
easy mate,... jack the van up, measure the gap in the centre of the spring to get an unloaded weight,...

Have a look on ebay for Greyston spring assisters, they simply slot in the gap. T:
(i need some too, but i carry kids in the back...)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
easy mate,... jack the van up, measure the gap in the centre of the spring to get an unloaded weight,...

Have a look on ebay for Greyston spring assisters, they simply slot in the gap. T:
(i need some too, but i carry kids in the back...)
Cheers for the info T:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I towed with my last 1.9td T:
Folding caravan 750 kg no worries. Doncaster to the new forest 65/70 mph.
30 mpg
Mine is tweaked though, you will be fine.
No spring assistors in mine.

They standard springs on there Darren?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I can't say I enjoy towing. I bought a 450kg Freedom Microlite this year and towed it around France. The caravan kills my mpg and restricts the freedom my camper gave me. Not sure how long I will live with it .

·
Registered
723 Posts
LOL:
I can't say I enjoy towing. I bought a 450kg Freedom Microlite this year and towed it around France. The caravan kills my mpg and restricts the freedom my camper gave me. Not sure how long I will live with it .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts