VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get the impression from their website that they only deal with people in the motor trade but it seems that many of you guys go there too.

Do I need to set up an account with "my business" details or in practice they don't mind dealing with people not in the trade.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
23 Posts
You will find they will give you 10%-15% disc as a gesture over counter sales if you have a trade account certain companies get 40% discount based on there spends so they allow big discount i usually get 40% disc without a trade account, I do have a business name and im a regular buying all sorts of i dont need and it helps if you build a bond with the sales staff on the counter than they look after you .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Trade only at Lincoln TPS as well. Misereable gits.
I called in one day, cash in hand, to order over £600 of parts, only to be told they do not deal with the general public.
Business must be good if they can afford to turn sales down.

I now order my genuine parts from HC Automotive Group in Holland , then VW stealers only as a last resort.
Also wait for sale offers at Eurocarparts for other items.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Shame we cannot have a forum account that any member can use. It will have to be a cash account/payment over the phone and the parts will have to be sent to a local TPS for collection. The same way that if your parts are not in stock, they will get sent from another branch/warehouse anyway.

Can you think the amount of parts that would go through that account. We should all get the best discount then.
I bet one of the TPS guys would go for that. Or one central number/branch that we could order from and have the parts sent to a local TPS.

I think we are missing a tick here, we all buy so much from TPS, we might as well do it from one account. I know we are not trade, but we are a large group and if we act as one it would be the largest account.

Who know anyone that works for TPS that they could put it to them?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Shame we cannot have a forum account that any member can use. It will have to be a cash account/payment over the phone and the parts will have to be sent to a local TPS for collection. The same way that if your parts are not in stock, they will get sent from another branch/warehouse anyway.

Can you think the amount of parts that would go through that account. We should all get the best discount then.
I bet one of the TPS guys would go for that. Or one central number/branch that we could order from and have the parts sent to a local TPS.

I think we are missing a tick here, we all buy so much from TPS, we might as well do it from one account. I know we are not trade, but we are a large group and if we act as one it would be the largest account.

Cracking idea .

Myself I am lucky my local branch gives me trade at the moment -fuel filter£11.68 , air £11.01 , rrp £20.87 and £20.67.

But it depends on the guy on the counter at the time .

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts

Cracking idea...!!!
How would it work?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am trade and use them alot , they have 3 price structure >

RRP
Public
Trade

You will get a better deal IF your local will deal with you , but again not as good as proper trade accounts, AFTER all we need to make a living too you know

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Went in Plymouth tps for a clutch and flywheel and they turned me down flat!!
Never mind, Gsf is two doors up so I bought complete luk kit there and they give a good discount!!
The enthusiasm in tps is absolute zero anyway:confused:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Bristol branch trade only it seems.
i agree mate...i dont buy enough parts to have a account with them...so they want sale to me..

i do know a guy at vw heritage though,so get a discount from the main dealer,plus no payment up front on ordered in parts...

i buy mostly through euro in which i do have a account..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.