·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
945 Posts
The listing won't include 1.9tdi because no t4s were made with a 1.9tdi I:
I'm sure you'll be fine with those tie rods. I fitted the same ones recently, they're good quality.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The listing won't include 1.9tdi because no t4s were made with a 1.9tdi I:
I'm sure you'll be fine with those tie rods. I fitted the same ones recently, they're good quality.
It was originally a normally aspirated 1.9 originally. i just wanted to check whether people had any views on whether they would fit because of the age of the van. It is a 96 (01/01/1996) but i know some pre 96 parts have been used in places after a bit of a fiasco with finding an exhaust to fit.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I,m interested to know what the difference is , in diagnosing you need a complete new track rod , as opposed to track-rod ends ..?? Had my van for 21 years , only ever needed ends ..... ??

·
Registered
945 Posts
If the inner knocks when pulled and pushed (ideally check with wheel off and outer end unbolted and released so you can pull the inner rod by hand) then you might as well change them both. My inners knocked slightly in and out of the socket and were floppy as hell compared to the new (when twiddling the rod around). You can probably feel it with wheel still on and jacked up if you grab it at 9 and 3 o clock and rock, I could and new outers alone didn't cure it. Hope this helps. I think the ebay rods will be fine on any age t4.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just had it as an advisory on the MOT that there was play there. Not sure if inner outer or both, i havent investigated too hard to be honest.
I have only had outers go in the past on different vehicles but i thought for the price of it, it would be worth just doing the whole lot.
The van has 213000 miles on it (less on the engine) and not sure if the inners would have ever been changed in that time.

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
I bought a Meyle wheel bearing from ebay and the bearing was best Quality brand from China. I never did fit it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts