VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's had it done? How much did It cost? Did you have any trouble finding someone good to do it?

Sorry for all the Q's, but I want to get mine done as soon as i get my wheels and coilovers on before i wreck my tyres. So far i've asked in a few local places and they say they cant. One said if its lowered they cant get the equipment inbetween the wheel and the arch, and R-Tec said T5's too long for there ramp :confused: Also is it just tracking or is camber adjustable on T5.1's ?

·
Premium Member
6,219 Posts
On my T32 only the tracking was adjustable. The camber did vary half a degree but my spanner man said it was still withing the acceptable tolerance. I only lowered 40mm though. If you drop more then you may have issues but I think you just need to live with it. I think I paid £150 for the fitting.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Who's had it done? How much did It cost? Did you have any trouble finding someone good to do it?

Sorry for all the Q's, but I want to get mine done as soon as i get my wheels and coilovers on before i wreck my tyres. So far i've asked in a few local places and they say they cant. One said if its lowered they cant get the equipment inbetween the wheel and the arch, and R-Tec said T5's too long for there ramp :confused: Also is it just tracking or is camber adjustable on T5.1's ?

Buddy ell lad how low is it???? LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dunno yet, but it's going on TA coilovers wound right down and on 22's so i'm hoping there wont be much of a gap.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Had my 40mm lowered T5 LWB done by HiQ, no problems and about £30ish T:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Can you wind them up so they can get the kit on the wheels then when theyve tracked it wind it back down.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi-Q in Stamford are as much use as a chocolate tea cosey!!! I asked if they did tracking, he said why did i want it doing?? I replyed because i'm lowering it, he said, oh we dont get involved with things like that!! What a n0b!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi-Q peterborough said they can do it if there is a good fingers gap between wheel and arch. EEErrrrr.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, after phoneing about 10 places i've found a place called Apex Tyres in Peterborough, they have a laser 4 wheel kit that goes on the outside of the wheel and requires no clearence, also a flat ramp. £45 for 4 wheels tracked or £65 if they do the camber as well (they said they've not had a T5.1 in yet so didn't know if its adjustable or not. Researched and found good feedback of scooby and MG forums. Sounds like a goer to me :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
No use to you given your location, but I used the same guy who sets up my car - shame he's in central Scotland I:

(Pro-Grip in Larbert, formally in Bonnybridge - John's a top bloke)

He did say he was glad that he'd just moved to his new premises with a longer ramp which was only just long enough for my LWB, lowered 40mm. Clearance was ar*e-squeaky getting the van on the ramps to start with but that was only due to the front splitter combined with -40mm H&Rs. £40 well spent on a Hunter laser alignment IMO.

2010-12-20 Alignment (1) by Ally Mitchell, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
i need to get that done aswell due to uneven tyre wear and mine is only on 30mm lower springs. the place that you've found T5 SYY sounds about right be interested to know if they get it right

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is the rear camber ajustable? Just looked at the rear tyres on mine and the inside are proper worn. The inner arm mount look like it has an ecentric washer setup.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Blackbush in chesham, buckinghamshire have the full external laser setup. They have a very good rep from the race crowd. think it was £65 for the full monty.

Found out about it from an S2000 enthusiast (Honda).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts